What to do with luggage?

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
The more I'm thinking about it, the more we're going to have a lot more luggage than usual, as we'll be going for two weeks between WDW and DCL. Has anyone had a problem storing luggage? Where did you fit it all after you unpacked? We'll be in a Category 3 if that matters.

Anne

Luggage will fit under your bed and in your closet! I was able to put luggage inside each other and it worked out perfectly. I was in a secret porthole room, so surely with a category 3, you will be fine. Only 90 more days until I cruise again.!!!

We traveled with a really big suitcase and two smaller ones. The large one we stood in the corner and used to collect our dirty clothes. The smaller ones did fit under the bed, after we lifted the bed frame and slid them under. OUr first cruise, we didn't realize that the frame was shorter than the mattress area, so we stored our luggage in the closet.

Remember WDW has laundry rooms in all of the resorts, (if you are staying in the Park). We usually stay close to 2 1/2 weeks and we each take 1 suitcase. I try not to overpack since most of the time you never wear EVERYTHING you packed anyway. Also, some of the resorts have free washers/dryers. After 2 or 3 full days at the parks, we relax after dinner by the pool and of course the laundry rooms are right there, so all is accomplished in one night.
We will be taking our 1st cruise June 27, 2002 then on to WDW for 2 1/2 weeks so hopefully after reading all these boards, I pack the correct clothes for the cruise!!!
Enjoy!!!

We are expecting to have the same problem! I am planning at least 1 day of down time before the cruise to hang out & do laundry. I still think we'll have a lot of stuff though.

We are bringing nesting suitcases, which take up less room. The last time we cruised (not DCL) I packed our formalwear in a garment bag that was easy to store. If you put each item in a dry cleaner bag they don't wrinkle at all!! and you can squish more stuff in one bag :)

On RCCL we also had to lift the bed frame to get our suitcase underneath. Good tip, thanks!

Thanks for the tips, but my problem is that we split the WDW time with the cruise. So we arrive at WDW around noon on Wednesday, and leave Saturday am for the Magic. Seven days later we're back to WDW until dinner time on Monday. I REALLY don't want to do laundry on the cruise, and hate the idea of doing it when we get off seeing as how we are headed back home a couple days later.

I've got packing down to a science, and always wear everything we pack, but this time is kind of unusual.

Anne

Also remember that you are limited by DCL to two checked bags per person - plus one carry-on per person. AND that you evidently actually have to carry your carry-on around for awhile onboard before you get your stateroom (weight will be a factor).

Originally posted by Dodie
Also remember that you are limited by DCL to two checked bags per person - plus one carry-on per person. AND that you evidently actually have to carry your carry-on around for awhile onboard before you get your stateroom (weight will be a factor).

That won't be a problem, I'm expecting to have 4-5 bags checked for the three of us, plus each a carry-on.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter