What to do with leftover ham?

I make a very quick and simple pasta & broccoli dish with leftover ham:

Cook 1 pound of linguine or spaghetti and keep warm. I usually try to time the pasta so it is just about finished cooking at the same time as the ham/broccoli, which really only takes about 10 minutes.

In a large skillet over medium heat, saute 1 tablespoon chopped garlic in 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Just as the garlic is turning slightly brown, sprinkle a small pinch of red pepper flakes into the pan and stir it around in the hot oil. Add 2 cups of broccoli florets cut up into small "trees" and toss around to coat. Carefully add 1 cup water to the pan (I just use the hot pasta water), and cook broccoli until "tender-crisp". Add chopped, leftover ham and warm through. If your skillet is big enough, pour pasta in and toss everything together. (I usually drain the pasta and pour it back into the stockpot, then pour the skillet contents into the pasta). Add a handful of parsley and mix well. Serve with parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.

Easily a 20 minute meal on a busy weeknight!

I like to grind mine and use it to make ham loaf and ham balls, also when its already ground, it makes it easy to make ham salad and use on pizza with BBQ sauce.

Ham and Cheese Quiche
Ham Biscuits ~ really its rolls also with swiss cheese a special butter sauce with poppy seeds that you put in the oven and melt, its so good even my DH who doesnt like swiss cheese likes them ~ Also I love them so much they were served at my wedding!!! :goodvibes
If you want either recipe pm me!!!

We like to make string beans & ham.It's kind of a regional favorite in Pennsylvania Dutch country.Cook the ham & bone with fresh string beans, onion & potato with enough water or chicken broth to cover.Cook till sting beans & potatoes are done. The "pot liquor" that it makes is very good!

A fave around our house is the baked mac n cheese recipe from the back of the Muellers elbows box with ham mixed in. Sometimses I add a can of Rotel tomatoes to spice it up.

Sometimes we will use it to make chicken cordon bleu with swiss cheese and breaded chicken.

I second the vote for scalloped potatoes and ham. I slice the potatoes thin and layer them with ham and chopped onion, and pour white sauce over each layer, maybe add some cheedar cheese on top and bake for a couple of hours. One of my husband's time favorites. And I always save the meaty bone for pintos or red beans. YUMMY.

Lentil soup, corn and Ham chowder, and ham and cheese quiche quickly comes to mind.

we do bbq ham sandwiches or make macroni salad and put ham in it it a tradition the day after christmas to make a big bowl of it.

I'd go for the scalloped or augratin potatoes with ham. mmm! And leave some of the meat on the bone and throw it in the crockpot with some dried great northern beans after you've soaked 'em.

OMG, I'm going to get a spiral ham for dinner soon just so I can make this stuff with the leftovers!!! :thumbsup2

I just did a spiral ham last week, and found myself struggling to figure out what to do with about a cup of cubed leftover ham (feeding 3 people who like to eat a lot).

Start some water boiling and put in 9 lasagna noodles. Set them off to the side when they're ready to go so they have time to cool a bit.

Cube up about an equal amount of Velveeta and melt it in the microwave. Add the ham. Fry up a few cloves of garlic, an onion, and a mix of roughly chopped red, yellow, and orange peppers, and then add a lot of fresh spinach until it's cooked down-- careful not to overcook, because this is bound for the oven. Add the Velveeta and ham mixture to the frying pan and get it all combined together until it looks like a big mass of yum.

Whip up some alfredo sauce. I always make a gigantic batch, stored in ziplock bags, so I can pull this down from the freezer the night before, and drop the sealed bag in a bowl of really hot water in the sink while everything cooks, but it's about a 20 minute process start to finish if you're quick with a cheese grater.

Layer up a lasagna, bake at 350 for 30 minutes, and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter