• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do with an extra day after cruise?

kimb96

Mouseketeer
We are not flying out until the day after our cruise. My plan is to rent a car on the way back to orlando (staying at hyatt mco). What can we do with that free day? It is a friday. Is it worth it to try and squeeze a day in at one of the parks? Although I don't know that I want to do something so frenzied the last day of our vacation. Any suggestions as to what we can do? I could busy myself all day at the outlets but I don't think my husband and son are going to go for that ;)

Personally, I would not pay for one day tickets to one of the parks (especially after the price increase yesterday - $89 for one adult ticket). If it's warm weather you could go to one of the water parks - a lot more low key. Since you'll already be close by, if anyone is interested in the Space Center, that's another option. The time we went, we spent almost the entire day there - there is a lot to see.

I'm sure others will have more ideas.

You could easily be in a park by 10 am if you wanted to. We are in a similar situation and decided that the ticket prices of a one day admission just aren't worth the expense or hassle on our last day of vacation. We are just going to hang out at our resort (AKL) and DTD. There are plenty of other options as well, mini golf, a Disney waterpark (less $ for admission) and exploring other Disney resorts are just a few that come to mind.

Have fun!

This is what we did about 3 weeks ago when we got off of the Disney Magic. We drove over to Fort Wilderness, and parked there. We told the lady at the guard gate that we had just gotten off the Disney ship, and we were going to "explore" the resorts and campground. She gladly let us in and told us to have a good time. If you don't want to park there, just go to Downtown Disney and park there, check out the shops and then grab a Disney bus and check out some of the resorts. I don't know which ones you've been to before, but I like the Polynesian and Contemporary resorts. Also Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground. Rent a boat at any of these resorts (you don't have to be staying there to do this), or rent a bicycle and check out Fort Wilderness campground. Ride the monorail, or take boat transportation between these resorts (except Animal Kingdom Lodge). And finally, if you haven't been to Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort, go on-line and get a reservation.

If you want to keep it Disney themed, then DTD and then maybe tour a resort or two. You can take a boat ride from Downtown Disney to several resorts (Port Orleans, Saratoga Spgs etc) and it's relaxing and fun and FREE.

If you don't want to keep it Disney, there is outlet shopping not far from Disney and further in towards down town Orlando.

We did the Magic Kingdom on the Friday we got off the ship, and it worked out well. We were off the ship by 7:30 and pulled onto Disney property at 8:30, in the park by 9, and had a full day of fun. If you didn't want to do a Disney park, you could always do DTD, Sea World, or one of the water parks. Have a great trip!

we were pooped after each cruise so 1st time went to Hyatt MCO and hung out by the pool for the day and the 2nd time we went to royale caribe and hung out by the pool. We were able to get a great deal on a condo with a washer /dryer so we had all clean clothes when we got home. That was nice!!!

Our friends did KSC and the Brevard zoo for the day.

Have fun with your extra day.

Kate

We got off the Magic on May 23rd after an awesome trip and decided to spend 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside just to "relax" before heading home. We were off the ship and at the Resort by 9:15 am and our room was ready! :banana:

The kids (DD20 and DS15) knew we were not going to do any parks and they were cool with that. We had discussed possibly going to a water park but after DS got a bit too much sun at Castaway Cay it was not an option.

After all the fun on the ship it was a great way to come back to reality SLOWLY! The only thing I planned was dinner at Whispering Canyon the first night. We went to the movies, walked around Downtown Disney and rode the boat from the resort. To end the trip we took the monorail over to the Poly....sat on the beach and watched "Wishes". With the music playing in the background it was a perfect way to finish a "magical" trip.

I just can't justify getting 1 day tickets for the 4 of us, it would be close to $400. So we're going to spend about half that and go to Typhoon Lagoon. We always say we're going to a water park but it never seems to make it into the itinerary.

I just can't justify getting 1 day tickets for the 4 of us, it would be close to $400. So we're going to spend about half that and go to Typhoon Lagoon. We always say we're going to a water park but it never seems to make it into the itinerary.

W H A T !......Their will not be any new pictures of you guys and the kids at the MAGIC KINGDOM.....
Sounds like us....we have got tic's to the water parks that date back to 2001......What ever you guys do....have a great time :thumbsup2........
Our days after our cruise[ sept 9] will be hearing a knock on our door[ OKW ] from our DS @ 7am for his DMOM to wake up and to make him breakfast.....he moved to Orlando in 2010.
WE saw him in April and again this Sept. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter