What to do with 2 additional days but offsite

My2BabiesLexis&Dill

DIS Veteran
We decided to leave 3 days early for our trip...WE NEED IT BADLY!!!! :cool1: Anyway, we are taking the auto train down so we will get down there on a Monday. We don't get to check into Disney until Wednesday. I'm trying to find cheap things to do in Orlando to keep us busy. I would like to go to the Disney resorts and check them out. But what can you do that doesn't REQUIRE you to be a guest. I was also thinking of Fort Wilderness, but don't you have to be a guest to do the camp out??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :banana: 33 days and counting...WOOHOO!!!!! :cheer2:

:thumbsup2 Hiya. You can always go to downtown disney- check out the stores, play around in the fountains, lego land etc. You can still check out all the disney hotels- walking around & checking out gift shops are nice. Taking pix at all star movies... You can check out the disney outlet malls (we did this one night & got mickey ears for 1.50--- same ones sold in the park for 7.50) as well as great disney shirts for 3.00. Old Towne is kinda fun too. If you want you can book a character breakfast or lunch or dinner at one of the hotels. One evening you can check out the electrical water pageant. You can set up a pirate adventure cruise for kids. You won't be bored!!!!

Thanks Stacy for replying. I have looked into doing DTD and hitting the Disney outlets. My hubby doesn't like shopping with me b/c I take forever..LOL. Is there anything else that we can do without being guest at a resort? Can we do the Chip & Dale campout thing and watch the movie?

Anyone else with suggestions?

If I were you..I would just head to the beach for a couple of days...RELAXING!!!

If you are looking to stay in Orlando..check out Sea World, I know its not Disney..but its not crowded EVER, and its a fun relaxing day to just observe and relax.

I would go to DTD and Sea World. Sea World has a special where you all pay child's price admission. Also you can come back to the park for 6 days for free I think. Someone might know more about this offer than me because we haven't used it yet. Some people like Gatorland also. Cocoa beach is about 45 minutes away if the beach is and option. :)

We will often schedule a character meal for the "off days". Last time we went to WDW, we stayed off site. One day was dedicated to "Disney" that wasn't in any of the parks. We went to character breakfast at the Contemporary (Chef Mickey's, right?), then went over to DtD and wandered around, bought some souvies, had a late lunch. The kids played in lego land. We had an ice cream. Had they been bigger (and we'll probably face it for the next trip) they could have gone on the little boats there. I believe you can take the boats to the resorts (a free boat ride) from DtD whether you're a resort guest or not, but don't quote me on it. At night, from the Contemporary, I know, and I believe from the Poly and Grand Floridian, you can watch the water electrical parade. There are evening cruises that you can go on (the last time I went Decades ago it left from the contemporary) and see the lights and usually the fireworks over MK and then the electrical water parade.
There's wet and wild or any of the Disney water parks that you can do on non-park days. Maybe Disney Quest? Sea World is probably my favorite non-Disney park.
Also, stay at a place where you like the pool (go over to the Orlando board, they would have a bunch of help) and spend a day playing at the pool, going out to dinner, etc. Then maybe you could spring for the Mideval times dinner show or something.
Doing a variety of things, you should be able to fit in shopping there somewhere! :love:
Oddly enough, looking at Orlando area stuff, and the boys really want to go to GatorLand! Ewwww.....but, could be a good split up activity....you at the outlet, maybe with DD and Dsis, and the 'boys' going to gatorland!

The Disney Boardwalk has night time entertainment. My grandparents (live parttime in Orlando) go over for dinner, watch kids do crazy contests and dance, and have desert. No charge other than food and souvie purchases. Don't recommend to do during the day... not much goin on other than shopping.

Thanks for the replies. I have considered going to SeaWorld but I don't want to spend 250.00 for it (i'm cheap) We will only have 2 days being offsite then we move to ASMo for 10 nights. I was thinking of going to Fort Wilderness and eat there for breakfast or dinner and do the petting zoo and watch the electrical parade.

Any other ideas??!?! I'm counting down only 32 days to go!!! I think I'm more excited than anyone... :rotfl2:

My2BabiesLexis&Dill said:
Thanks for the replies. I have considered going to SeaWorld but I don't want to spend 250.00 for it (i'm cheap)

Just FYI, if you purchase online, Sea World tick's are adults and kids at kids' rate....$49 per person. Ooops, I see you have 5 people, that would be $250! Duhhh

If you are going to Fort Wilderness, you should look into Mickey's Backyard BBQ. We did this last month, and everyone love. My son danced with Goofy and Dale everytime the characters came out. I was worried that it would be to hot, but we were fine. It starts at 6:30, but get there early if you want seats next to the dance floor. We lived this so much, we will be doing it again, next time we go. Also, I found out about this just a week before we left, and I was still able to get tickets.

We were just at Disney last week and took two days off for the beach and we loved it. The water at Cocoa was wonderful but the sand was burning hot. We also spent a day at Daytona. The beach was wonderful but the water was freezing. You can go there very reasonably. Rent a small cheap car and pack your lunch.

We love DTD, resort hopping and recently Citywalk, by Universal.
It was fun to walk around, see the Universal globe, Hard Rock Cafe, NBA City and Margaritaville are there too. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter