What to do, what to do if your not going to mickey's Christmas party at night???

We're planning on heading over to the Contemporary, having drinks and dinner at The Wave, exploring a little, and then seeing how much of the MK fireworks we can see from there or the TTC.

I'll be down there when two parties are going on and just realized both days are our Epcot days.

If we find the park to be too crowded we may end up just going back to our resort and enjoy some pool time or visit the Boardwalk area

Yeah, anything but MK that day. I wouldn't waste a ticket entrance on a park where I have to leave at 7, so go to another park that whole day. Use easywdw.com and figure out the best park.

Or go over to Fort Wilderness to the campfire and movie, and look around at all the decorations, then watch the fireworks on the beach.

DH and I are going to take this opportunity to go resort shopping for our fall trip. Everyone else in our party is going to MVMCP, but with a 2 year old, we didn't want to be out that late. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to try and decide on a resort.

Yeah, anything but MK that day. I wouldn't waste a ticket entrance on a park where I have to leave at 7, so go to another park that whole day. Use easywdw.com and figure out the best park.

Or go over to Fort Wilderness to the campfire and movie, and look around at all the decorations, then watch the fireworks on the beach.

Which leads to fairly low crowds at MK on party days. If you don't care about nighttime events at MK, these days are actually the best days to go there.

We go to the Polynesian. In the lobby outside of the restaurant they have a piano player. We just sit there and listen to him and have some drinks. Before the fireworks we go down to the beach and watch them. Another thing we do is either go back and sit by the pool.

What Mesaboy said. Josh usually had MK as a recommended park on party days BECAUSE people tend to avoid it for just that reason. We always try to go to MK on a party day and have found the crowds to be very light- so we accomplish a LOT.

In the evenings we might take in a dinner show at HDDR, go to DTD, have a late, leisurely signature dinner, or head to POR to see Yee Haw Bob.

I'm doing what mesaboy suggests...going to MK on a party day for the low crowds. I intentionally changed my itinerary so that I could move our first day at MK from a Saturday (non-party night) to a Friday (party night). We're going to the party on our last night, so seeing MK at night isn't a priority on our first day there.

Looking forward to the lower crowds. Afterwards, we'll head to 1900 Park Fare for the princess dinner (fingers crossed on this, still on the lookout for reservations).

Which leads to fairly low crowds at MK on party days. If you don't care about nighttime events at MK, these days are actually the best days to go there.

Good point. We're late night MK people, so I guess I just put my opinion out there - sorry.

What Mesaboy said. Josh usually had MK as a recommended park on party days BECAUSE people tend to avoid it for just that reason. We always try to go to MK on a party day and have found the crowds to be very light- so we accomplish a LOT.

In the evenings we might take in a dinner show at HDDR, go to DTD, have a late, leisurely signature dinner, or head to POR to see Yee Haw Bob.

I'm doing what mesaboy suggests...going to MK on a party day for the low crowds. I intentionally changed my itinerary so that I could move our first day at MK from a Saturday (non-party night) to a Friday (party night). We're going to the party on our last night, so seeing MK at night isn't a priority on our first day there.

Looking forward to the lower crowds. Afterwards, we'll head to 1900 Park Fare for the princess dinner (fingers crossed on this, still on the lookout for reservations).

I second all of these recommendations that going to MK on a party day is actually a great idea despite the fact that you have to leave at 7. I actually went a few weeks ago on a MNSSHP day, and we didn't arrive until 4 (morning was spent at Epcot). In three hours, we did a whole lot, ending with two walk-on rides of Big Thunder Mountain and taking the last steam train of the day back from Frontierland to Main Street. It was great!

Having to leave at 7 isn't so bad. You can have a nice relaxing dinner, followed by an early night turn-in, followed by being fresh and ready for RD the next morning!

Good point. We're late night MK people, so I guess I just put my opinion out there - sorry.

No apologies necessary, just putting a different point-of-view out there. My IF statement is a nonstarter for many. ;)

Shhhhh! Stop sharing the secret! I count on those slower days to get things done. Just like I used to enjoy doing DHS on a non-Fantasmic day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter