What to do the first day of arrival???

Dval00

Earning My Ears
We are arriving at 9am our first day(12/22/01)...won't be able to check into our off-site hotel until 3pm...will have a rental car...kids wanted to see the ocean...do i drive to Cocoa Beach or should i get aquainted with the area first??? What would you do????

New Symnra Beach is more family oriented and nicer (imo) than Cocoa Beach. However, this is where a couple shark attacks were recently, so if you're going to swim, I'd go to Cocoa.

I'd check out the area if i were you. Go to downtown disney. There are some neat shops and a leggo store the kids might like. there are alos lots of really cool miniature golf places all over. Int. drive is also a nice place to walk.

We always check out the outlet stores before we check in. They are on our way and this lets us know what we can get cheaply and what we still need to look for in the parks.

If room is ready: unpack immediately (food and clothes), shower and head to either DTD or a park for dinner.

If room is not ready: check food and bags w/o bell service, go to DTD, go to pool and then check in (refer to 1st option at this time)......

Not sexy, but it works.

I would just go to DTD or relax at the Hotel. Then I would go to a nice place at dinner somewhere at Disney. I would save seeing the ocean for another Day. I know after flying I would not want to travel in a car for a couple of hours. Also, check the weather when you arrive and that may also help you decide what you would like to do.

to myn understanding the rooms are guaranteed tobe ready by 3PM... sometimes they are ready before that...

If you fax your room request 3 days before arrival and let them know when you will be there, your room will probably be ready. It has always worked for us. Earliest check in was at the
WL last October, we arrived at 9:30am and our room was ready.

Have fun.

I would go to Downtown Disney. Have a nice lunch there, rent boats, shop at World of Disney and get your gift getting out of the way.

There are 2:

Disney Character Warehouse, Orlando Premium Outlets. I think it's exit 27 but I'm not sure. I prefer this one by FAR. The store is very nice and the selection's pretty good. As the name of the mall implies, it's an upscale area, with outlet stores from Banana Republic, Coach, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc, but there are lots of good deals.

The other Disney Character Warehouse is at Belz. I didn't like Belz at all, and the store feels more warehouse than disney. :rolleyes:

:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :o
We always arrive about 3 in the afternoon, so we go to one of the parks, have something to eat and only do the rides we really want to do then stay for the illuminations.

If you're arriving at 9AM and your room may not be ready till 3PM, why don't you try a water park? That's a good compromise between WDW and beach, especially if you go to TYphoon Lagoon.

Disnee Dad says............................................... First, I would call WDW and see what kind of rates they have for the All Star Resorts, in light of the cancelations, you may get a good deal. If your children are a little older and enjoy learning type places as my daughter does, I would strongly suggest Cape Canaveral, but the new name is something like Kennedy Space Center, it's on the coast, less than an hour from Orlando. You could do that for a few hours and head back to DTD to shop and then go to the All Stars to check in. I guess they will give you a good enough deal, that when you consider the perks, that you will switch to All Stars!! Either way have a great trip, and you could always do Gatorworld near WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter