• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do @ Studios in Rain?

OSUmouse

Mouseketeer
It looks like it will rain on Friday when we are at US. What should we do first if it is not raining? It will be DH, dS8, dS5,and me...also grandparents.

SPring Break crowds in the rain....is better than Ohio weather!

:flower: Go to your nearest dollar store and buy some ponchos!!!! Don't let a little water ruin your day!!!!!!Most of the rides will still be open and then lines will thin out! :) The kid's will proably have a ball walking in the rain my does :confused3 .We went in jan and it rained cat'a and dogs...Had a ball :banana: :banana: I hope you do also...Have fun and Good Luck!!!!!
P.S. I would head to one fish two fish.then cat in the hat.my dd 7 loves those 2 also she loves the magical unicorn!

i will also be there friday, don't worry i think it says isolated thunderstorms. we should be ok

Most of the rides are indoors anyway. Between the two parks the best one to get stuck in the rain would be USO. Have fun! :cool1:

Pssssssssssttttttttt..................this is Florida, it won't rain ALL day :flower: & if it gets bad, & by bad I mean if you don't want to walk around in the parks, then go have a nice long lunch - that usually will be enough time for the storm to pass.

nymomof3 said:
i will also be there friday, don't worry i think it says isolated thunderstorms. we should be ok

Oh darn - I'm going to miss you - I have Friday and Saturday off....

As stated higher up in this thread - ponchos are your friends!! It's also a GREAT idea to get an extra one if you have a stroller as the strollers have to be parked in the little areas on the street. (we must keep fire routes clear). Put a poncho over your stroller so that they won't get wet).

Most attractions have covered areas to wait in line - and of course many of the attractions themselves are indoors. (except of course the coasters and things over at IOA)

Holly :umbrella:

Jaws is the only ride that shuts down during thunderstorms at Universal studios. Do it first before the rains start.

At IOA, several rides shut down during a thunderstorm: Hulk, DD, Dudley, JP, Popeye.

They can't run Jaws or any of the outdoor rides until the lightning in the area is more than 5 miles away.

Seahag said:
Pssssssssssttttttttt..................this is Florida, it won't rain ALL day :flower: & if it gets bad, & by bad I mean if you don't want to walk around in the parks, then go have a nice long lunch - that usually will be enough time for the storm to pass.

Even sometimes it rains here all day.... I know you are in south Fl .. I am in SW Fl & today our rain started at around 1pm & hasn't stopped. I take that back, it stops then starts back up within a half an hour, today has been just one rainy day... did you not get any rain today??? We had some severe thunderstorms during the afternoon hours...thought is was going to hail ...did at some parts of my county.. lightning struck a transformer & something like 45,000 were without electric... my electric flickered... don't mean to "rain" on anyones parade, and chances may be slim but... it can rain all day. :umbrella: Get your poncho's & watch for lightning...

I had that question all day today because it was raining. I suggest going to Universal Studios because most of the attractions are inside. You will still get wet walking to the attractions though, but just grab a poncho and go. You'll still have fun!

If there is no lightning, then everything continues to run. I've been to IOA when it was raining. Rode Dueling Dragons and the operator came on the mic and said, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Dueling Dragons is now a water ride." The crowd cheered. That was a fun ride in the front seat. Rain drops stung my face, but it was something else. Then I rode Dr Doom in the rain, also fun.
I don't know why people are scared to get wet. It's part of the park experience. That's why you have a change of cloths back at the hotel room. If it's cold, then yes, I can see trying to stay dry. But if it's hot out, then have fun. Pretend you are at a water park, just that you have cloths on. The thing that needs to stay dry are your shoes and socks, otherwise your feet get water logged.

robvia is right. If there is no lightning within 5 miles they continue to run the coasters. We went Weds. after hearing Tornado warnings on the early morning news. My kids rode the front seat of DD in the rain and my daughter was nearly in tears from the pain. I imagine it would be similar to riding a motorcycle in the rain.
What really got me hot was when they got off the coaster I gave my daughter a poncho. Well, not just any poncho, but one of the ponchos Universal sold when they first opened. They were yellow with the logo in blue on the back and smaller on the left chest. She managed to rip it to shreds! :umbrella: So much for my collector's item!

Motherfletcher said:
robvia is right. If there is no lightning within 5 miles they continue to run the coasters. We went Weds. after hearing Tornado warnings on the early morning news. My kids rode the front seat of DD in the rain and my daughter was nearly in tears from the pain. I imagine it would be similar to riding a motorcycle in the rain.
What really got me hot was when they got off the coaster I gave my daughter a poncho. Well, not just any poncho, but one of the ponchos Universal sold when they first opened. They were yellow with the logo in blue on the back and smaller on the left chest. She managed to rip it to shreds! :umbrella: So much for my collector's item!

Hi mother :wave2: How was the vacation? Missed you around here. :) I have one of those ponchos too but they dont get taken to the park anymore! Silly man thinking it would come home in one piece...ebay my friend...maybe you'll see another. LOL!

Just a little off topic info on rain at the parks...if you are an on-site guest and there is thunder/lightening the boats stop operating as well. Plan ahead if you have reservaions for dinner at another hotel! (happened to us and it made us way late). Sometimes if you ask...they will give you a lift from one hotel to the other w/o having to catch the shuttle.

The buses run in the rain and they have always taken us directly where we told them we were going when they are empty (most the time).
Jess-
I got all 9's on MIB! We opened Universal again. I actually liked KC. My kids were amazed that I knew all of the words! Uh-huh, Uh-huh I liked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter