What TO DO?? St. John or St. Thomas

jenpan

Luvin the Mouse!
We are trying to decide if we should spend the day at St. John on the beach or should we stay on St. Thomas, shop and go to the beaches there.?

Will we miss something if we go to St. John for the day. Is there time to go to St. John if we catch the earliest ferry and then also have time to see some of St. Thomas?

Would we have more time if we didn't take the St. John excursion from DCL and just went on our own?

Will I miss some great jewelry shopping, etc. if I don't spend time on St. Thomas?

Any opinions will be helpful???

38 days.........:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Is St John beautiful? Yes, absolutely. One of the most beautiful places on earth. But to get there you have to hustle, use multiple modes of transit, and lay out more than a few bucks, and then enjoy just a couple hours. But it's a lot easier to get to Magen's Bay on St Thomas. Okay, maybe it's not as pretty as St John, but if St John wasn't there, there'd be no debate. Magen's Bay also appears on Top 10 world beach lists. And if you want to snorkel, I've never heard anyone complain about Coki Beach.

DCL's visit to the USVI is incredibly short. Enjoy it without stressing out. St John will still be there if you decide to come back to the USVI.

Reactions: MUN
jenpan,

I would recommend Coki Beach in St Thomas - my teens and I adored it, and I would do the jewelry shopping in St Maarten.

There are great jewelry values, perhaps even more so than on St Thomas, in St Maarten and I found a gorgeous tanzanite ring there on my last cruise!! :)

Coki is one of my favorite beaches. You can rent a locker at Coral World for a minimal price. You can rent chairs on the beach with an umbrella. They will bring drinks and food right to your chair. There is also some great snorkeling to the right of the beach since Coral World is right around the corner. They say that there is some good snorkeling to the left as well. You can also shop for jewelry right at Havensight where the ship docks.

We like Linqvist Beach quite a lot. If you have seen the DirecTV commercials w the talking horse, they were filmed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter