What to do on Halloween night-- other than MNSSHP??

zomama

Mouseketeer
We arrive on 10/31 so decided to save the halloween party for 11/1 when the kids will be more rested and not burned out from traveling. We still want to do something fun on our first night there though! Any suggestions?

There should be trick or treating at your onsite resort and also a Halloweenish Disney movie will be playing at it. How much there is at the resort may depend on which level it is but they should have those at all of them. They discontinued the trick and treat that was at DTD a few years ago I believe. You could also go over to the Campground and take the Haunted Wagon ride if they have it this year (this is a pay and reserve ahead option).

We have been trying to decide this ourselves, I still haven't made an ADR for that night and need to figure it out. Kenny the Pirate has the Halloween activities for the resorts from 2014. It doesn't look like *every* resort offers trick or treating, including ours.

@TheRustyScupper, I have silly questions. We stayed at FTW once and it was pitch black at night - do trick or treaters just walk the loops in the snake-y darkness? (LOL, I can see my scary critter averse kid balking at that) Is there any sort of system in place...I mean, do the campers handing out candy get signage or something to indicate they are participating? Thanks!

We're arriving on Halloween as well! I'm thinking of booking Trail's End TS and seeing what FTW has to offer. Glad to see others suggested it and that they usually have activities.

. . . @TheRustyScupper, I have silly questions. We stayed at FTW once and it was pitch black at night - do trick or treaters just walk the loops in the snake-y darkness? (LOL, I can see my scary critter averse kid balking at that) Is there any sort of system in place...I mean, do the campers handing out candy get signage or something to indicate they are participating? Thanks!

1) Remember, The Fort is a family campground.
. . . the streets ("loops") are not overly lit
. . . campers do not like bright lights shining into their campers/tents
2) The kids do walk around and Trick-or-Treat.
. . . most just carry a flashlight, and wear a white T-Shirt so they can be seen.
. . . additionally, the loops foster slower driving, so accidents are not that common.
5) And, yes, the campers hang out waiting for kids in order to give them candy.
. . . it might seem strange, but campers are a different breed than Resort Guests when it comes to hospitality
. . . as most homes during the night, kids will see lights on to know this campsite is giving freebies

NOTE: Please be aware that "your scary critter averse kid" might have an issue. MANY campers actually dress-up for the event, so you might see people in semi-scary outfits.

THe FW is a fun one. Rusty is right about the guest there. Many are regulars and often dont go into the parks, they just enjoy the campground. They are much more open and friendly. In the past they have also had the headless horseman run thru and the hayride is a fun one that night.

1) Remember, The Fort is a family campground.
. . . the streets ("loops") are not overly lit
. . . campers do not like bright lights shining into their campers/tents
2) The kids do walk around and Trick-or-Treat.
. . . most just carry a flashlight, and wear a white T-Shirt so they can be seen.
. . . additionally, the loops foster slower driving, so accidents are not that common.
5) And, yes, the campers hang out waiting for kids in order to give them candy.
. . . it might seem strange, but campers are a different breed than Resort Guests when it comes to hospitality
. . . as most homes during the night, kids will see lights on to know this campsite is giving freebies

NOTE: Please be aware that "your scary critter averse kid" might have an issue. MANY campers actually dress-up for the event, so you might see people in semi-scary outfits.

Thank you for responding. A flashlight seems like a great - and obvious (d'oh) - idea. He isn't afraid of scary costumes, just actual snakes and spiders.

THe FW is a fun one. Rusty is right about the guest there. Many are regulars and often dont go into the parks, they just enjoy the campground. They are much more open and friendly . . .

1) Thanks for the agreement.
2) Other guests simply cannot grasp the friendliness of campers.
3) Sure, this is a Disney Resort, but first and foremost it is a campground.
4) Let's look at a few differences:
. . . in normal resorts, you may "nod" as you pass others, at The Fort, you actually speak
. . . in normal resorts, kids play in the pool, but at The Fort, they actually get to know each other and pal around
. . . in normal resorts, you might run into others again at a meal, at The Fort, sometimes guests get join up and tour parks together
. . . in normal resorts, you see folks going into their rooms, at The Fort, you actually talk to those sitting on the campsite

NOTE: OK, I fully admit to being biased, but those of us who pull shifts at The Fort, think it is the best resort at WDW, whether the guests are stating in an RV/tent on a campsite or staying in a cabin. Using Halloween as an example, in what other resort do guests line up to give out candy to the kids of other guests?

They had an awesome party at Boardwalk last year. They had a huge inflatable pumpkin and a dj, lots of games, candy etc. There was a kids dance party. We stumbled on it by accident but the kids had the best time.

All Resorts offer some type of recreation activity and character meet and greet, and Blizzard has had an afternoon dance party the last two years as well.. We've had fun resort hopping over the last couple of years to try to meet characters in new and unique outfits. Some rare characters have also made appearances, Louis at Port Orleans, Panchito at All Star Music, and Timon at Kidani.

Here is a photo album of all my character photos: HALLOWEEN - WDW RESORTS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter