What to do @ Nassau w/Kids

gretchnh

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I've never posted here on the cruise site, because I've never had a reason to. Now I can!! :cool1:
We're going on our first Disney Cruise in February 2012.
It's only 3 nights, but it'll still be great.

My question is...what is something inexpensive we can do at Nassau with our kids?
It will be myself, DH, DD 13, DS 10, DS 9.
Any and all ideas and suggestions are more than welcome!
Thanks so much!
--Gretchen in Ks.

Paradise Island is fun, visiting Atlantis is fun. We are choosing to stay on the boat though. I have been to the bahamas enough to figure out that the kids will probably have more fun on the boat than getting off. Thats just my opinion though.

We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin encounter. It was amazing!!!! Plus if you get the earlier timeslot you can relax on the beach there. Would recommend this.

We just got off the Dream and my 5yr old would easily answer this question for you! He would tell you to stay on the ship! He was so upset we got off in Nassau,I just wanted to get a few pics so he decided not to smile in any of them lol....

I would agree with the suggestion to stay on the ship, especially with just a 3-nighter. Your time on the ship is already gonna be so short, there will be PLENTY to do to fill your time onboard. You asked for something inexpensive to do... that's about as cheap as you can get! You can also get off and just walk around the straw market and the shops close to the pier for a little bit, and there have been some folks that have mentioned a couple of free public beaches that aren't too far (maybe do a search for those threads, if nobody chimes in on this one).

Don't feel like you have to do ANYTHING in Nassau. The ship will be plenty fun enough for your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter