• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do LAST DAY?

momh135

Earning My Ears
We booked our flights today for our trip May 5-12! We will not be departing Orlando until 10:30 in the evening. I wasn't expecting this. Should we
  • use the day to relax at the resort
  • add another day of park tickets
  • schedule a relaxation day mid-trip and use this day at park
I am just wanting the kids to be able to take a shower (spoke with PC and we can use the shower facilities at the pool area). I don't think they would do well flying after a full day in a park and not being showered.
Let me know what you think! Thanks!:cutie:

I always fly out late in the evening. I prefer that.

It really depends on what your family wants to do...
Even tho we have gone to mk already during our trip...we like to spend our last day at mk..it's a tradition for us.

There are other things to do though...you could store your bags with bell services for the day and resort hop to look around.
Love going to AKL...Can view the Savanna and see animals for free.
Also enjoy the poly...lots to see and do there.
Can also go and check out the boardwalk.
You can rent surrey bikes at poly, boardwalk, and I think at POR.

You could also just stay at your resort for the day...or you could spend the day at downtown Disney.

If you are using magic express, your pickup at your resort would be between 7 and 7:30pm.

We don't fly out, but we usually leave after lunch to start the drive back home.

The first year, we did a late character breakfast (to bookend the trip - we started with a character dinner on our first night) and left after that.

The last two years we've gone to the parks and left just as the crowds started pouring in.

I would also consider DTD that morning and a character meal in the late afternoon/early evening. Nice and relaxing, but still the Disney feel.

we take a break from the parks mid week. Sleep later, eat a leisurely breakfast, Play mini golf, eat ice cream at Beaches and Cream, swim at the resort pool, go to DTD - go on the balloon, visit Disney quest, enjoy and rejovenate (sp) - then we are ready for the parks the next day..

on our last day we visit all 4 parks..we do the highlights of each..my kids and us..make a list of 1 thing they want to do in each park..so we do those and at the end we tell each park good bye and see ya next time.

Schedule a relaxing day midtrip or add another day to your tix and do your faves on the last day.
Also do a memorable lunch as a good way to end the trip.

I would spend the day exploring other resorts. AKL had a lot to see - take the free food tour of Boma and Jirko at 4:00 p.m., - You get to sample some of the foods they both offer.

Rent a bike at the VWL and bike over to the campgrounds. There is a nice paved path between the resorts for you to travel on with no cars! You can visit the horses used to pull the carriages at the different resorts. There is a petting farm.

Rent sea racers from the Poly and cruise around on Bay Lake.

We've spent the last day at the resort and we've spent the last day at a park. We have a family vote on which park to go to on the last day. Both are great ways to end a trip. I think some of it depends on how hard you've toured during the week...do you need a down day before returning to real life or do you want to squeeze every last drop out pf the parks?

When my kids were younger, we needed the down day. Now, we squeeze every last bit out of the parks!!!!

We also spend our last day at MK - great way to end a magical time. Here is a photo of our granddaughter as we left for the day - she was so sad to leave but understood we could not stay forever (as much as we would have liked to stretch things out longer) and it makes us want to go back all the more!!

th_IMG_1629_zps3974c429.jpg

We usually let the kids hang at the pool while we pack up the room. Get the kids back and dressed, get checked out. Go play mini golf, then head downtown. Spend the day shopping, and eat at planet Hollywood.

Head back to the resort when it's time (we fly, so we use the magical express), fed ex a box of stuff home, and board the bus, and head to the air port.

For our family, our last day plans depend on our flight schedule and scheduled Magical Express pick up. On our last trip our Magical Express pick up wasn't until 3:30pm so we spent a few hours in a park. For our upcoming trip, our flight is in the afternoon so after checking out we are just going to have lunch at the food court and hang out at the resort arcade until it's time to board our Magical Express shuttle.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful ideas. I think we are going to play it "by ear". I never do this. But, if we get tired mid-week, we will take a break day and go to park on last day. If not, we will be swimming and hanging out at dtd. Only 62 Days To Go!princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter