What to do in St. Maarten...

allison k

I'm a lurker, not a poster!
Well, we leave on Wednesday for the 4/1 Magic and I have no idea what to do on St. Maarten. Is there a good beach for families that's easy to reach by taxi?

Any help is appreciated!

Orient and Dawn Beach are two of the nicest beaches on the island. If it bothers you just know that may see topless sunbathers at Orient, but possibly at any beach on St. Maarten.

Butterfly farm is good for about a half an hour...beautiful butterflies, nice "farmers", rustic and gritty.

So, would a trip to the Butterfly farm first and finishing off with a trip to the beach be doable?

Okay, I have to say something. When I was 13, my mom and I did Japan completely winging it and had a blast. And I'm normally comfortable doing that! But, for some reason, I'm nervous about getting around the Carribbean islands on my own. What is up with that?!

The first time we were in St Maarten we did the Golden Eagle Catamaran, that was a lot of fun. We've also done the Rhino Riders (like a jet ski but much safer) and the last time we were there we did an island tour with Joyce Prince.

I recommend all three!

If you just want to beach it and do something nice and convenient, Philipsburg has a beach right as you get off the water taxi. Just take the all day, one price ($5 adults, kids free) water taxi over to Front St. and get off. Go to the left (or right) and there are chairs for rent with umbrellas, a water trampoline for the kids, jet skis for the adult kids ;) , and food and drinks. Orient will be a much more beautiful beach, but with kids and an easy day there is no real traveling involved to getting to Great Bay Beach. You can then return to the ship for lunch, to shower and change and go back into town or just to get back on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter