What to do in Cozumel? Paradise Beach?

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
I see there's an excursion to a water park and snorkeling but I've heard Paradise Beach is nice. I don't see it listed on Disney's list though. anyone done this on their own and what are your thoughts? Are there beaches close by to just go to and relax for the day? Wouldn't mind just getting off and hitting a beach without having to do an excursion?

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

We did it on our own when our excursion got cancelled. Great place. When you get off the ship you have to walk through a shopping area as you exit terminal area. Cabs are at the back. It was a $10 cab fair. You had to pay a little for each person when you arrived to use the facility. Had a good restaurant. Wife got a message on the beach, kids and I rented some snorkeling gear. A lot of cabs line up outside the main building so it was easy getting one back to the port at the end of the day. I would recommend it.

We've been to Paradise beach a couple of times so this April we decided to try something different and I'm glad we did! For us we enjoyed our day at Mr Sanchos Beach Club more!! We did their all inclusive side and enjoyed all the drinks we food we had!!! We had our own covered table and chairs and beach front loungers for the day! There some water toys you pay extra to use but I think that's how they do it at Paradise beach too. There's pools with swim up bars, clean restroom and showers and lockers available! Check them out as an option!

Has anyone used Cozumel Cruise Excursions for their Beginner SCUBA dive? I'm signed up for that in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!

I see there's an excursion to a water park and snorkeling but I've heard Paradise Beach is nice. I don't see it listed on Disney's list though. anyone done this on their own and what are your thoughts? Are there beaches close by to just go to and relax for the day? Wouldn't mind just getting off and hitting a beach without having to do an excursion?

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
We took a cab to Paradise Beach and we really enjoyed the time we spent there. The cab ride was quick, inexpensive, and easy to do. I highly recommend Paradise Beach for an inexpensive, and fun excursion.

MUN

We have done the cozumel bar hop. It was fun. The people we met were great as well as our guide. It takes you to the east side side of the island away from tourists, 5 bars, beautiful beaches, great food. Don't have to be a drinker to enjoy it. You can find them on Google if your interested, hopping again next year. The hubby and I can't wait. I would recommend the hop to anyone looking for good atmosphere and scenery.

We're leaning towards Paradise Beach for our family. One thing to consider is that many of the excursions are actually on the mainland, which requires a supposedly long and sea sickness-inducing ferry ride. That rules out most excursions for us, as several people in our party are very prone to sea sickness. There is no mention of the ferry on the DCL website, but a quick search at cruise critic was educational!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter