• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do in Celebration, FL?

pixar mark

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a week at WDW and we are returning for another week in Sept. Since we just did everything and crowds will be low for the next trip, I'm trying to find other things to do outside of the parks. I've heard good things about the town of Celebration and thought I might drive down there for a few hours. But what is there to do? We will have DD5 with us. Is it just shops and ice cream places? I've been to Seaside, FL and I'm imagining a similar vibe, minus the beach.

Last time I went there I went to eat lunch at Imperium and it didn't open for like 30 minutes so we sat in those rocking chairs by the lake on Market street.After about 5 minutes I noticed something moving in the water and sure enough it was a gator that came from the back of the lake to hang out by an overhang of the sidewalk where people stood to look at it.It didn't move and it was odd that it just stayed there,all I could think is somebody probably fed it there so it went back there expecting food.I certainly hope nobody fed it as that's the most dangerous thing to do to a gator,you don't want them associating people with food in a natural environment.It wasn't a huge gator and it made the wait for the restaurant to open go by faster but I would be careful if walking around that lake,whoever made the Gatorland suggestion you might not have to pay the Gatorland admission to get some gator action.I've also been wanting to go to the Pie festival at Celebration for years but I'm never in Orlando on that weekend,but someday I will make it to that pie buffet.

Thanks for the suggestions. We may be going to Legoland one day anyway, so maybe I'll just stop in Celebration on the way back to the resort and grab a bite to eat or something.

We did a great Segway tour there, others may be interested I believe your DD is not old enough.

Code:
Just got back from a week at WDW and we are returning for another week in Sept. Since we just did everything and crowds will be low for the next trip, I'm trying to find other things to do outside of the parks. I've heard good things about the town of Celebration and thought I might drive down there for a few hours. But what is there to do? We will have DD5 with us. Is it just shops and ice cream places? I've been to Seaside, FL and I'm imagining a similar vibe, minus the beach.

Bring a swimsuit for DD there is a water-splash area in Town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter