What to do if 5 people turned into 6 people?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
I have and ADR for Tony's & Tusker House Breakfast for 5 people but my friend is driving up to meet us for a few days so now there will be 6 of us!:upsidedow

I couldn't change my adr's online (no availability) Has anyone every added a person after they got to the restaurant? If we have 5 people is it normally a table for 6 or more or do they actually have tables for "5"? I'd hate to not be able to include her and we are so close to going there is much of anyplace left that we'd like to try.:confused3

Help??:confused:

I wouldn't think it would be a problem...but don't know. We had ressies for 2 that needed to be increased to 4 that had us seated at a table for 2 and couldn't keep it. But most tables for 5 should hold 6.

If the restaurant is full to capacity at the time you arrive they won't admit her. These aren't ultra-popular restaurants but you are going at a popular time of year and should be prepared for that eventuality.

I concur with previous poster. If they are booked to capacity, they won't let you add on a person. Yes, it's just one person, but if it means going over their fire code capacity that is a real problem.

We had a reservation at Le Cellier earlier this year. Just 3 of us, and then found out my cousin was going to drive down for the day and eat with us. So I called to add her on, thinking NO big deal, they could keep us at the same table since it's just 3 to 4. No cigar. They said they were completely booked, and couldn't go past that.

She said that we were welcome to check in that day and let them know of the additional person, and that there are sometimes cancellations. But it's just one of those things where you never know what the outcome is going to be.

Maybe try calling them "in person" and attempt to make the change?

Maybe try calling them "in person" and attempt to make the change?

If you mean directly calling the restaurant, you can't do that with a Disney-operated restaurant. All reservations are handled through the Disney reservation system, and not by the restaurants themselves. If you can't change the number of the party before you arrive through the reservation system, you can try doing it through your resort lobby concierge or Guest Services at parks, or by walking up to the restaurant itself in person, but you can't call them directly and set a reservation by phone.

Tables at restaurants typically sit an even number of guests, so that works in your favor.

At this point you really have no choice but to just show up with the extra person and hope it's not a problem. Most likely they will be able to accomodate you, but of course it's not 100% guaranteed.

We're in the same position. My niece was able to join us for our upcoming trip this December, but I had already made a couple of our ADRs which I couldn't change because there was no other availability. We'll be showing up for our ADR for 7 people at the Biergarten, except we'll actually be a party of 8. However, I KNOW all the tables at the Biergarten seat 8, so I'm not too worried. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well. If not, we'll head to the yummiest and nearest QS place.

(The other place I made an ADR for 7 people (even though we'll be showing up with 8) is the House of Blues at DTD, but again, I'm not too worried about them being able to accomodate us.

The rest of our ADRs I made after I knew my niece was able to come, so they are for 8. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter