What to do?? Husband left us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie42699

Mouseketeer
My husband of almost 20 years notified me 2 weeks ago that he was not happy with our home, with me & with his work and needed some time away. Well over the past two weeks I have discovered that he has been having an affair with a girl (i say girl) because she is 20 years old, he is 43!! My heart is broken and as you can see we have a family vacation planned next month. My poor 11 year old son is devestated that his father has moved out and doesnt understand why this came about. He certainley cant be told that his father has a girlfriend and cries to me every night that he wants dad to come home. This I know will never happen as I immediately filed for divorce.
My question to you all is not if I should cancel the trip! That is not an optio! I believe both my son and myself have gone through hell this week and the coming weeks will not be easy that we will need to get away from it all.
The problem is I purchased through undercover tourist our park hopper tickets for 7 days. Now that I only need 2, whats the best way to sell the other one?
We rented DVC points and are getting the dining plan (so luckily that hasnt been paid for) I assume I just need to call the DVC owner to have my husbands name removed from our reservation?
What about ADRS? I have ressies every night for 7, now there will only be 6 of us.
and lastly what do I do about the airline ticket. I purchased through Northwest but now its changed to Delta.

Thank you all for your help..

I can't answer your questions, but oh my goodness... I am so sorry for your situation. :( My condolences to you and your son.

Yuck, so sorry...

I would contact the ticket broker and find out if they could refund your money, otherwise ebay/craigslist is an option.

Edit: undercover tourist refund policy:

Refund Policy
What are your Cancellation/Refund Policies?
Your confidence in purchasing takes priority, which is why we have the 'Nicest Refund Policy' and use common sense and fair practices when dealing with your cancellations/refunds.
Attraction Tickets
We offer one refund policy that is simple and fair for all attraction tickets.
Please contact us.
A fee of 5% of the total order amount will be charged to cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting your credit card and fulfilling the order.
The tickets must be unused and unsigned.
Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site, are non-refundable.

^^^ I'm very very very sorry this has happened to your family. This must be devastating for you and your son. I agree that you shouldn't cancel your trip. Lord knows you'll need some much needed time away from this horrible development. The next few months will be very difficult for your family while the divorce is finalized. May I suggest something? Intead of trying to sell the extra tickets, change numbers for the ADRs, and call the airlines. Is it possible to invite another person to come along? How about a good friend or relative you can count on when things are bad in your life? Or perhaps another child (a friend of your son's or a cousin) can come along instead. You would then need to contact the airline to change the passenger name on the air ticket. As far as the park tickets go, if you bring an adult, you are all set, if you bring a child instead would Undercover Tourist do an exchange of tickets for you? I'm not sure as I've never purchased through them. You'll need a lot of support through the next few months. Get all the help you need for you and your son. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. :hug:

I can't help either...

We always book through WDW...I DO think you'll be fine with your ADR's...that's the least of issues....just call and revise to a 6 top table rather than 8 top....

I would like to say ....YOU sound SO STRONG!!! My heart goes out to you...but you seem to be taking this on head first...and I know your son will feel your strength as well...

I'm SO glad you are continuing on your trip...I think it's the BEST thing ever!

(Plus you can tell everyone.... Divorcing "BOB"? what am I gonna do next? I'm going to DIsneyworld!!!!:rotfl: )

Shame on :sad2:him...and HUGS to you...:hug:

Mary

So sorry..:hug: I think you are doing the right thing by not cancelling your trip. You and your son have been through a lot.

Hope things improve for you.:flower3:

Don't worry about the ADR's, if you have one less person it will be no problem (unless you have a prepaid ADR at someplace).

Airline tickets depends on what kind of tickets you got. If you have a travel agent, call and ask. Otherwise, call the airline.

The problem is I purchased through undercover tourist our park hopper tickets for 7 days. Now that I only need 2, whats the best way to sell the other one?
We rented DVC points and are getting the dining plan (so luckily that hasnt been paid for) I assume I just need to call the DVC owner to have my husbands name removed from our reservation?
What about ADRS? I have ressies every night for 7, now there will only be 6 of us.
and lastly what do I do about the airline ticket. I purchased through Northwest but now its changed to Delta.

Unused Park tickets never expire, so just save it for the next trip.
Just call and change the DVC reservation so you don't have to pay the extra person DDP.
ADRs I don't think they care if 1 less person show up at the restaurant, so don't have to do anything about that at all.
Airline ticket probably non-refundable, so oh well.

May God Bless you and carry you through this time! Big Hugs coming your way.
As far as the questions, I would say start with calling the airline and explaining the situation. It may be that they would let you trade it for another travel time/trip. Then maybe you would be half-way to yet another Disney trip this year ;)!! At least as far as airfare is concerned.
Could you post the ticket on something like craigs list or ebay? Or do you have a dear BF that could go with you? Or maybe your son have a friend that could go? That would be another way to deal with some of this.
The other thing I would recommend is that you both seek out some type of counseling. This is going to be a really big deal and you need someone to help work through all of the emotions, especially your son. And you are right about not telling him about the girlfriend. The counselor can help you all figure out how to handle that one. It really hurts to find out someone you dedicated your life to has really just thrown it all away. The biggest thing is please don't tell yourself it is all your fault! He wsa the one that chose to act like a child! Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers!! :hug::hug::hug:

:hug:
I know it does not feel like it right now but remember everything will be O.K. It may take a while but things will get better.

The ticket has not been used so you can keep it and use it for another trip. You could try to sell it-the best way to do that is find a friend that is going to Disney. Many people are leary of buying ticket second hand.

I would not do a thing about the ADR's. Just let the restaurant know when you get there that there are six in your party.

I have never rented points but I would think you could just take his name off. Most airlines will charge a fee for ticket changes. See what the fee is and decide if it is worth it.

Just on a personal note-my Father left my Mother after 30+ years of marriage. It was really tough on her but I think we all knew that we could get through it when we went on that first family vacation to WDW on our own. We had a wonderful time, even without Dad. That was the moment that gave us hope for the future and is one reason that I love WDW to this day. Have a wonderful trip and keep looking forward.

Unused Park tickets never expire, so just save it for the next trip.
Just call and change the DVC reservation so you don't have to pay the extra person DDP.
ADRs I don't think they care if 1 less person show up at the restaurant, so don't have to do anything about that at all.
Airline ticket probably non-refundable, so oh well.

This is a tough one the poster is probably right could depend on the customer service rep you get. My guess is they will give you a voucher equal to the price you paid with a one year expiration.

If by chance you charged using an AMEX card I would also call them. I have had good luck with there customer protection program.

^^^ I'm very very very sorry this has happened to your family. This must be devastating for you and your son. I agree that you shouldn't cancel your trip. Lord knows you'll need some much needed time away from this horrible development. The next few months will be very difficult for your family while the divorce is finalized. May I suggest something? Intead of trying to sell the extra tickets, change numbers for the ADRs, and call the airlines. Is it possible to invite another person to come along? How about a good friend or relative you can count on when things are bad in your life? Or perhaps another child (a friend of your son's or a cousin) can come along instead. You would then need to contact the airline to change the passenger name on the air ticket. As far as the park tickets go, if you bring an adult, you are all set, if you bring a child instead would Undercover Tourist do an exchange of tickets for you? I'm not sure as I've never purchased through them. You'll need a lot of support through the next few months. Get all the help you need for you and your son. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. :hug:

I thought about bringing along one of ds friend or nephew, but I also have other family members going on this trip, so my son will have his two cousins there. Thank goodness this trip is paid for, however other finances will be tight so I could really use the extra money & savings from the meal plan. I really think I'm going to get stuck with the airline ticket, but luckily i bought my tickets when they were 219.09 round trip, so altough I'm bummed I'll lose that, it could be much worse!

OMG...what a creep.

Good luck with the refunds and the trip and a word of advice:

Change the locks on the house immediately. Like now. If you haven't already done so. And remove his name from all reservations as soon as you can, too, in case he decides to be more of a creep and cancel stuff on you.

Don't worry about the ADR's, if you have one less person it will be no problem (unless you have a prepaid ADR at someplace).

Airline tickets depends on what kind of tickets you got. If you have a travel agent, call and ask. Otherwise, call the airline.

I have the fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose you just reminded me of. I guess I better call on that one, otherwise my credit card will be charged 10.00. thanks! so much going on in my life right now I cant keep my head on straight!

:thumbsup2The only advice I can give you is to call the airlines, be honest and I am sure they will refund you the price for the ticket (you could always say that he is going to be in the hospital with a wife-inflicted head injury). Tickets probably are not refundable but Undercover Tourist is the best and they might cut you a break. Dining reservations no big deal, just tell them at the podium. Try to really really enjoy this trip. Relax, if you are down there with family have them watch your son and go indulge for a few hours at the Saratoga Spring spa with a facial or a hot rock massage. Better yet do both. You are so deserving of a little pampering. After all you are the glue holding it all together for you and your son. Please let the boards know how your vacation went with a trip report upon your return. Hang in there sista, tomorrow is another day.

Let me first say I am so sorry. Go to Disney World and have fun. Start planning. I am planning my trip at work as we speak. I am a department manager at a large hospital. I made my room resies at work over my cell phone and had to put the lady at Disney on hold many times. I told her when I first called that I was at work and may have to put her on hold. There is a point to my story. Point is Disney is pretty good about working with you. What ever you decide to do they will work with you. Have a great trip.

How much is a 7 day park hopper pass. Maybe we could buy it from you. As my husband's annual pass only has 3 days left. Does it have an expiration date? Where are you staying on property?

Undercovertourist will probably do a refund and repurchase for you *if* your tickets are still in the plastic overwrap unopened. You could return the tickets and repurchase with one less ticket...if that makes since. If you have opened the plastic wrap, you might as well keep the ticket for a future visit or sell to a friend.

Good luck and stay strong:hug:

I thought about bringing along one of ds friend or nephew, but I also have other family members going on this trip, so my son will have his two cousins there. Thank goodness this trip is paid for, however other finances will be tight so I could really use the extra money & savings from the meal plan. I really think I'm going to get stuck with the airline ticket, but luckily i bought my tickets when they were 219.09 round trip, so altough I'm bummed I'll lose that, it could be much worse!

^^^ Ellie, you might be able to get the airline to credit you for a future flight. Call them and explain the circumstances you find yourself in. You might get a nice costumer service rep who might go above and beyond to help you out. Many people go through divorce and/or know someone who has been there. As far as the meal plan goes, reduce the number of people from 7 to 6. You'll save some extra $$$ that way. Regarding the ADRs I wouldn't even bother calling them (except for the F! package). The last thing you need is to get a rookie CM who will proceed to cancel your entire ressie by mistake. Unless you've already paid for a meal (like CRT), there is no need to bother with the number decrease on the ADR. Please keep coming here for support, we'll be there when you need us. However, as another poster said before, it's important that both you and your son seek some therapy to help you cope with the divorce. Divorce is a process not an event. The wounds are very fresh and both you and your son will need support to help you throughout the entire process. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter