What to do? HELP

danielsmommy04

Earning My Ears
Ok, family of 5 (kids: 7, 3, 15mos) check in Sept 28, 2010. We can stay 7 nights in a moderate or 10 nights in a value for roughly the same price. Both both free dining (upgraded for value). We have stayed at the POP twice, but looking for a change in scenery. So, what would you do and what resort would you stay at? Thanks!!!

i'm assuming you meant check in of sept. 2011 not 2010! but doesn't matter really. i think i would take the 10 days in a value. with three kids, things go slower and i would think that i would take the extra days just to get more stuff in. if you don't have any trouble getting off of work the extra days and can afford the extra days that's what i would do!

I'd do the 10 days as well, not because kids go slower, but so I had more time at WDW!!

Would you upgrade your dining, and would that affect the savings? I wasn't clear on what you meant. Sorry!

Tough choice. I'd try out one of the Port Orleans resorts for something different. I believe Riverside can accommodate 5. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is very nice, but what really makes it for me is the boat ride to DTD. The two resorts are in walking distance and you can use the amenities at both.

I'm not a fan of the values at all, but if it means more time for you and your kids at Disney, go with the value.

Sorry, I meant 2011, I can't even begin to get that through my head!
The price is with the upgraded dining plan. I'm a stay at home mom and I homeschool our oldest, we are really in control of his school schedule. My husband has 3 weeks paid vacation PLUS a week of "personal time" every year so he could just take 2 weeks off that's no biggie. We were thinking of doing the 10 days and stay at a Value while we still can, b/c we know that when our youngest turns 3 we will either have to stay at POR or the Family Suites... SO thanks for the advice and keep it rolling!

Yeah, I'd stay at the values while you can, course we are All Star lovers! :lmao: But really, 3 exta days will make the trip so much more enjoyable and relaxing plus in another year and a half you won't be able to do it without getting 2 rooms.

We always stay at the values, our oldest sleeps in her grandparents room but gets ready and keeps all her stuff in ours (really, all she does is sleep in there.) Even with the stuff for 5 people including a teen girl, a tween girl and a princess who thinks she is grown we are fine space wise. I say go for 10 days!!! That is what we are doing next month.

We have stayed at all the All Stars, they all have their benifits. My girls, despite not being sports lovers, really love the feel of Sports so we have been there the last few trips. For theme their favorite as is mine is Movies and the least favorite for theme is music though all our stays have been great. We do like the movies at the pool at Music, but we just walk over and enjoy that.

I think yo uwill be happy with any of them, IMO. And 10 days!!! :yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter