What to do for great Castmembers

chrishatton

Disney Dad
I will be arriving, 10/07/2013 and doing an audit for an online travel site.
That being said, what am I allowed to give the cast members?
What are they not allowed to accept?
How can I make sure that their efforts do not go unrecognized?

BEST thing you can do is go to the park's Guest Relations and fill out a CM compliment card.

Be sure to note the CM's name, and the location and time of the encounter.

The cards go to the CM's supervisors.

I wouldn't give them stuff. When they're on duty they might have problems keeping stuff you give them on their person. And I understand they are not supposed to accept food and park CMs other than restaurant servers and bartenders may not accept tips.

Get their names, where they work and when you saw them, go to Guest Relations and ask to commend them. As Robo notes, they will give you a card to fill out.

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include the date, time, park or resort (and location) and cast member name from the name tag. The office that gets these can research to see exactly who the Cast Member was, and will send the correspondence, through managerial channels, to the direct supervisor of the CM. Usually a copy will also go in the personnel records.

Often, favorable comments will be read at a pre-opening team meeting.

1) The comment and Fantastic cards are nice.
2) I prefer GIFTS.
. . . toys
. . . handmade items
. . . stocking stuffers
. . . watches
. . . rings
. . . anything from Tiffany's
. . . selected items from Cartier's
3) Just no cash, as that can get us fired (if in a non-tipped job).

BEST thing you can do is go to the park's Guest Relations and fill out a CM compliment card.

Be sure to note the CM's name, and the location and time of the encounter.

The cards go to the CM's supervisors.

I do this each visit. There's always at least one CM that made a "world" of difference to us. I think the CMs at the GR desk really like doing something positive and not having unhappy guests too. So it's a double-win! :goodvibes

With a board this big I thought I'd get more than that.

Remember folks, these are the people that spread the pixie dust and enhance your experience. I recommend using at least one of the ideas above to recognize a Cast Member each day that you are in a park or at a resort. They say that nothing is free these days. But, it appears helping a Cast Member is. Take a minute and recognize someone that helped make your day better.

With a board this big I thought I'd get more than that.

Remember folks, these are the people that spread the pixie dust and enhance your experience. I recommend using at least one of the ideas above to recognize a Cast Member each day that you are in a park or at a resort. They say that nothing is free these days. But, it appears helping a Cast Member is. Take a minute and recognize someone that helped make your day better.

Get "more than that"??? I don't know if you meant that the way it sounded, but it sounded dismissive. At least 3 of the people responding so far have been CMs themselves. Like they were bad ideas? Whenever we'd point blank ask a CM what we could do for them they would say filling out one of those cards is the BEST thing you can do. They are like gold to them and make all the differences in their jobs and help them to climb up the "ladder". How is doing what they are asking for the most, not good enough??

1) The comment and Fantastic cards are nice.
2) I prefer GIFTS.
. . . toys
. . . handmade items
. . . stocking stuffers
. . . watches
. . . rings
. . . anything from Tiffany's
. . . selected items from Cartier's
3) Just no cash, as that can get us fired (if in a non-tipped job).

what would be considered non tipped jobs?? is housekeeping allowed to accept tips, I hope so we've always left one & never thought otherwise about it:worried: my daughter always leaves a thank you picture also :)

Get "more than that"??? I don't know if you meant that the way it sounded, but it sounded dismissive. At least 3 of the people responding so far have been CMs themselves. Like they were bad ideas? Whenever we'd point blank ask a CM what we could do for them they would say filling out one of those cards is the BEST thing you can do. They are like gold to them and make all the differences in their jobs and help them to climb up the "ladder". How is doing what they are asking for the most, not good enough??

Not dismissive in the least! They were great ideas. I was quite simply hoping to hear from some guests. I would highly recommend that every guest fill out a card every day. But they wont. Did you feel as though I made this post about myself. Because I didn't. It was made specifically to draw attention to the fact that Cast Members should be recognized. Sorry that it pushed your buttons.

We ALWAYS stop at guest relations on the way out to fill out cards. Even at 3am. Even when DH is sick. Even when we only stop in for an hour or two on our last day. I'm kinda compulsive about keeping track of standout cast members. Plus DH and I tend to get a lot of attention cause we ask question, give smiles and I tend to have a stand-out article of flair that always seems to draw CM notice :)

I do the CM kudos via email instead of the card. In all honesty, at the end of the day I want to get back to my room and skip any writing. I like doing it at home after a few days so when I write the emails, it is a nice look back at the great time and great service we had. I try to do one each day and I text myself on my phone as soon as it happens so I remember to do it.

what would be considered non tipped jobs?? is housekeeping allowed to accept tips, I hope so we've always left one & never thought otherwise about it:worried: my daughter always leaves a thank you picture also :)

Tipped positions are Valet, Bell Services and Food Servers. Housekeeping is a non-tipped position.

Not dismissive in the least! They were great ideas. I was quite simply hoping to hear from some guests. I would highly recommend that every guest fill out a card every day. But they wont. Did you feel as though I made this post about myself. Because I didn't. It was made specifically to draw attention to the fact that Cast Members should be recognized. Sorry that it pushed your buttons.

I realize from your join date that you are a new Diser, but your topic is not. You have to realize that the subject of your thread, and your initial query is not unique and has actually been asked many times before. A lot of us have answered this before. You were given the best answer in the second post. Which was emphasized by several. How many more of us need to say the same thing? :confused3

And I would not recommend that every guest fill out a card every day. First of all not every guest encounters an outstanding CM every day. Not every guest has the time (tired kids, rushing to an ADR, other things on their mind) to go to GR to fill out the form. And if everybody does it then it stops being special and then what's the point?

Yes, I stop by and write out a card when I've encountered an outstanding CM, or have witnessed one doing something special for someone else. To the rest of the CMs who are doing their jobs well, I think the best I can do is be friendly, courteous, and polite when I am around them. I hope this goes a ways towards making their days a bit more pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter