What to do between disembarkation & flight?

laalaa

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We will be going on our first cruise this December on the Dream 3 Day Bahamas Cruise. The cruise will be at the end of an 8 night stay at POR. I need your help about what to do on disembarkatiom day. Our flight back home to the UK is not leaving until 6.30pm, so we need to be at the airport at 3.30pm. What could we until 3.30? We don't have a car, so will be using disney transport to get to MCO. Is there anything to do at the port? Or would you just head to the airport? Is NASA far away? I'm wondering if we could get a taxi there & then back to the Port to get disney transport to airport?

Any help greatly received x

If you go to the space center, you'll need either a car or a limo service. DCL transportation will only take you at the end of the cruise, not hours later in the day.

You can get a day room at the Hyatt MCO. This would allow you to use the pool, shower, sleep, or whatever. MCO does have free wifi if that matters to you....and has some decent places to wait. It also has lots of food places, so no worries there.

Well, if you HAVE to use DCL transportation, then you will need to go to MCO when you get off the ship. If you want to stay in the Port Canaveral area for the day, there are beaches, Kennedy Space Center (though my understanding is that is really a full day activity), and other local shops and such. But you would need to make your own transportation arrangements back to MCO. Another option if willing to handle your own transportation is a stop at Downtown Disney on your way to the airport. If you really want to use DCL transfers, you could get a day-room at the Hyatt MCO which allows use of the pool and a room until your flight.

Enjoy your land/sea vacation!

Thanks all! I think the easiest thing to do will be to go straight to MCO. There are plenty shops, we can have a long leisurely lunch then check in for our flight.

Is there anything to do at the Port? Our other option would be to use a car service to get to MCO. I have priced it up & it's a similar price to using disney transport.

Nothing to do at the port itself and other than the beaches, not much to do at Cocoa Beach. As you noted, the space center is worth a visit if you are interested in that. But nothing else that I can think of in the Port area.....

There are lovely resorts, etc for people who want to stay there. Just not much for a day.

We leave for the west coast at 6 pm as well. We've booked a one way car rental for a very reasonable price through Budget. (can't remember the exact price but its less than Disney transport for three people.) We plan to spend 4-6 hours at the Kennedy Space Centre since our son is a space nut. I think he's looking forward to the space centre more than the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter