• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do between disembarkation and flight?

Blizzard56

Earning My Ears
We have approximately 8 hours between the time we disembark and have to get to the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best to do?
We will be disembarking at Port Canaveral and leaving from MCO (Orlando).

We were considering going to the Grand Floridian and renting the small powerboats, but we weren't sure if we would have enough time and if they would even let us rent them without being registered there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :beach:

Beacause we usually take two weeks to visit Florida including a 7 night cruise - we go to the Hyatt at MCO, rent a day room, grab lunch, and SLEEP!:faint:

Then hit the pool, repack for the flights, check the bags when we can, check departure times.
Once our flight was delayed by 90+ minutes and we were able to stay in the room instead of waiting at the gate.

If you have the energy, by all means, rent a car and drive to DTD or a resort!

Has anyone done the powerboats at the Grand Floridian or anywhere else?:sail: That was one of the ideas we had to do between the disembarkation and our flight home.

Beacause we usually take two weeks to visit Florida including a 7 night cruise - we go to the Hyatt at MCO, rent a day room, grab lunch, and SLEEP!:faint:

Then hit the pool, repack for the flights, check the bags when we can, check departure times.
Once our flight was delayed by 90+ minutes and we were able to stay in the room instead of waiting at the gate.

If you have the energy, by all means, rent a car and drive to DTD or a resort!

Agree on Hyatt @ MCO.

we originally booked a day room at MCO as we had a 5pm and two kids. I liked the idea of just resting if we were tired, or swimming if we were not.

At the last minute, I changed plans and we decided to go to the parks instead and fly out the next day. I totally wish we'd kept our original plan. So much less stressful and easier.

I did the power boats, and you don't have to be a guest at Grand Floridian to use them. I don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't a lot of time to do it, and I barely made it to Discovery Island, before we had to turn around.
I wasn't that impressed. But my dad loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter