What to do BEFORE the parks, what to do AFTER and more

hollyrose

Believes in the Magic.
Greetings from the Beach Club Resort! I am on Day 4 of my Disney trip and I wanted to share a few tips that I didn't read in the many guidebooks I read before I came here. popcorn::

1. STRETCH your legs (esp. calves) before you go to the parks. My boyfriend and I are both in shape 27 year olds but you literally walk miles everyday in Disney- unless you are a runner or everyday power walker- you are going to want to make sure you stretch your muscles out before you get too excited to stop and think and go running for all those fast passes!!!!!!

2. GET UP EARLY- get up and out to the parks early, do the must- do rides first then have lunch in the parks. THEN go back to your hotel and SIT IN THE HOT TUB and your muscles will feel relaxed- then take a quick nap in your room, shower then head back to the park you were at earlier. This system kept us really happy, relaxed and refreshed. AND we didnt wait more than 5 minutes for ANY ride because we used our fast passes wisely! :) SO fun. :wizard:

I agree with you on both, but #2 especially. We made a point to schedule in downtime in the afternoon before we went back into a park/resort for dinner. The pool/hot tub is a perfect spot to relax (and cool off). It made us feel so much more rested, and of course the hot tub helped our feet from all of that walking!

As a Plantar Fascitis sufferer, I agree wholeheartedly with stretching your muscles! I do band exercises every morning without fail at Disney. Otherwise I will be in terrible pain. I also love to hot tub when we come back in the evening and restretch and massage my feet and achilles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter