What to do at Disney when it RAINS ???????????????????????????????????

Indoors

Earning My Ears
they're expecting RAIN this weekend

Whats the best things to do at Disney (or the orlando area) when it rains ???

I was thinking about EPCOT center, is that the best bet for a rainy weekend ??

What indoor activities are the best bet ?????

I say all the better when it rains, buy a poncho and hit the rides. The lines are usually shorter. If its to wet for that I think Epcot is a great choice because almost everything is inside with short sprints between pavillions. Good Luck and stay dry!!! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Hi. All the parks are fun when it rains....put on your mickey poncho and go for it as if nothing is different. I'm jealous...I'd take it sunny or raining!*

*I am from Oregon though...so we're used to the rain.

When it rains, all you do is put on a poncho, and go to the park that you planned to go to in the first place. You can still do most everything that you wanted to do, and it keeps some of the locals away to keep the crowds down.

We'll be packing our Seaworld ponchos. That we used last year in June at Seaworld. I hope no one is offended by us using Seaworld ponchos in Disneyworld. 24 more days to go!

i say go to a water park... you'll be wet anyway and there will be no crowds (unless it's closed due to thunder/lightening)... we went on a icky gray overcast spotted rain day and it was GREAT!

one thing I remember is that you might see the animals at Animal Kingdom being more active.... especially if it's drizzly and overcast.... as opposed to sunny and 80-90 when they pretty much don't wanna do nothing... :cool1:

and now for the cursury icon usage:
just take an :umbrella:

Later,
Paul

Eat, Spit, Be Happy - David

Yes go to the parks when it rains . I see that a big shower usually makes people leave the parks- all the more ride time for you. :cool1:

Or you could even go to Disney Quest...I've never been and I know its a seperate ticket. Its an indoor arcade I believe.

I disagree with buying a mickey poncho. You'll see thousands of yellow mickey ponchos and if you have the hood up, it's hard to keep track of who is who. My wife and I bring clear ponchos, much easier to keep track of eachother.

It rained pretty hard, I think it was Christmas day last year when we were there. We went to the Magic Kingdom and rode Splash Mountain about 5-6 times in a row with no line. We also hit Space Mountain as well.

Go to your favorite park is what I would say, because the lines get shorter when it rains because people go back to their hotel room. Also, we hit the rides when there are parades for the same reason.

We were at Epcot in the pouring rain in March. After we ended up buying 4 ponchos for all of us, I was wishing I would have bought some cheap ones at Walmart and brought along. I think our bill was near $30.00. The only ride we didn't get on was Test Track. It was shut down because of the rain. Our shoes were soaked by the time we got back to our hotel. But we didn't care.....we were finally at WDW!!!!!!

I'd go with DisneyQuest at DTD, if you don't mind paying the admission price. There are also alot of indoor attractions at Epcot that would be good options.

My DH insists on going to the water parks, if there is no lightning. The water is heated and there are absolutely no lines.

I agree with the ponchos-you spent too much time planning a vacation for it to be ruined with a little rain.
But if you don't want to walk in the rain, what about hopping on the monerail and visiting the different hotels for some shopping? Every time we go to Disney, we take advantage of the other hotels' shops and do souvenir tracking there.
Also: if the rain is only light, and looks as if it won't last long-you can always venture into the shops on Main Street USA. Most of the shops on Main Street connect with one another, so you can make it a good distance down main street (and through several shops) without ever setting foot outside.
DownTown Disney for Disney Quest is also an option if it is raining and it doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.
Anyway-there's always the poncho, there's always the covered shops. Don't let it ruin your vacation-have fun anyway :earsboy:

I just bought rain ponchos - 2 for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree - cant beat that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I was in Disney, it rained for about an hour every afternoon. This way we are prepared and wont spend a small fortune on the Mickey ponchos!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter