• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what to bring to eat?????

In addition to the cereal bars, packages of crackers, individual crystal lite drink mixes, we also brought microwave popcorn packages that came in quite handy. We always go back to the room in the afternoon and head back out in the evening to see the fireworks. We would pop it and put into a large ziploc bag and carry in to the park to eat while we watched the fireworks. Also I brought a ziploc bag of some assorted candy that didn't melt (skittles, pop rocks, blow pops) - yes soo healthy NOT, but its vacation and last time the kids drove me crazy every time we went into the Disney Store or Marketplace they ended up wanting a $2 candy bar. Each day before leaving for the park they picked out one item to carry with them for treat after lunch or while watching an afternoon parade. I also found Disney Pez dispensers and bought a refill pack of Pez's--so one day this was their 'treat'. I know this isn't the most healthiest food to take with you, but it is vacation, and it allowed me to have some portion control on sweet stuff and didn't break the bank.

we decide to go w/ the reg. dp because it was $400 cheaper and i dont think just breakfast and one more snack would cost us $400 for 4 days:confused3 well what kind of breakfast stuff do you bring? im not sure if i should rent a fridge from pop? also what kind of snacks do you bring for the kids? mine are ds:cool1: -9 ddprincess: -3 !! this will be our first trip so any help would be a huge thanks:flower3:

:goodvibes Your post could have been written by me! We too considered the DDP and decided against it, and I have a 9 yr old DS and 3 yr old DD, and it's our first trip!! They only diff. is that we're staying at ASMo.

Thanks for posting this question, there's some great ideas here!:dance3:

Yes. First kind were scrambled. Mix same as usual put in bowl and stick them in MW. Can't remember how long may be a minute to minute and 1/2. They fluff up quite a bit so make sure you have room in bowl.
We also have a little tupperware gadget that cooks eggs in the MW. There are two compartments in it. One per egg. You spray "bowl" with oil, put in one tspn of water, crack the egg and put the egg in the "bowl", take a toothpick or something similar and poke it through the white and yolk. Seperately of course. Put the cover on and MW for about 1 1/2 minutes. They're not bad, but they aren't as good as done in a frying pan. Try out at home before you go.

We went in October for our honeymoon. We brought the mini-cerals already in the bowl, plastic spoons (bought milk for cereal & coffee), assorted granola bars, peanutbutter crackers, and pretzel sticks. We leave tomorrow :woohoo: YAY for Disneyland. I added raisins and cheese crackers. The small packs of PB and cheese crackers are great for any time of day. We've tried the mix-ins (both crystal lite and gatorade) for our bottle water; they don't always work out but it's worth a shot.

We are going in June and staying at POP. We are ordering bottled water from Costco's and having it shipped to the resort. We were going to rent a fridge but hated the thought of the cost....I found a fridge swap on the budget board and now we have a fridge for our stay and it's FREE!!!!!!!

You should check out the board and see if you can find a swap (there are a good bit of them) that you can get in on during your stay.

If you rent a fridge: gallon of milk, cheese sticks, and gogurt are great to have around. Without the fridge: rice krispy treats, goldfish, peanuts or cashews, pop tarts. We had a fridge, so the kids had cereal w/ milk every morning. The pop-tarts and krispy treats we threw into the bag for the parks. The kids would eat the cheese and gogurts on the way to the bus. The goldfish and nuts were the first things they went for in the evening.

OH!! I found individual cereal in plastic bowls rather than the boxes at Target. So we won't have to worry about bringing bowls. :woohoo:

where can you find the cereal in the plastic bowls? i would like to buy some. tried target and they didnt have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter