What to bring on airplane?

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
Hey guys we leave on the 26th. We are wondering what to bring on the plane for a 15 month old boy. Oir.4 year old daughter will be entertained, but our 15th old son marve a little crazy...lol.

Do we bring the laptop so movies can be played, but will probably not be used while we are there or something else? What do you bring?

I would only bring the laptop if he will wear ear buds, if not it's not very nice to the people around you.
Other then that small toys. How long is the flight? Maybe plan it around nap time?

We just returned from a trip with our DD4 and DS15months. We brought along with us small toys from home that he likes to play with including books, a Magna-Doodle, lots of different snacks. Key was too pull one thing out at a timeand when he got tired of one thing, out came another. It also helped that he napped about an hour each way :thumbsup2

Magna doodles are great - if you don't have one, get one.

Don't bring anything small, don't bring anything noisy. Small will get dropped, noisy is obvious.

Sitting still will be the worst issue. You know your child - what activity will get them to sit still for a long time? Mine was drawing, so magna doodle worked well.

Bandaids - easy to remove from windows and seats. Post it notes - fun to pull apart and write on.
Dental floss - fun to pull out string!

We like My Quiet book. It has a number of activities and zips altogether so it is harder to lose pieces. Plus I think it makes you at least look like you are trying to those around you as the cover has "my quiet book" in big letters. Also, triangular crayons so they don't roll away. I also use those large plastic connecting rings to connect toys to seat belts and bring tray covers. Those trays don't seem to ever get cleaned.

Having been flying since my son was 12 months old I found its better to have too much stuff, lol. But it never fails he falls asleep every time. I guess I am just lucky. He actually slept from Denver to Philly.

BUT we would bring something to watch a movie on, color wonder activity set, matchbox cars and LOTS of snacks. I also remember my son loved his airplane book.

Will you have the toddler in a car seat? I found that to be very helpful, he felt most comfortable in his car seat which I guess is why he would fall asleep.

Before your flight, give him some time to run around in the terminal!

I just remembered a friend saying her toddler loved playing with Masking Tape! They are fascinated with the stickiness, but it won't ruin anything!

If you decide to bring a dvd player, I would suggest using actual headphones (the old fashioned kind that cover your ears) rather than ear buds. My son is 4, but ear buds are still too big for his ears...they just won't fit in, they are uncomfortable, and cause fits. The regular headphones are much, much better.

Another thing my son loved to play with was magnets. You can buy special magnet books or magnet scenes to play with. My son had fun with an old cookie tin with a variety of magnets stored inside, though. Just make sure they aren't too small! Stickers can be fun....they combine stickiness and characters...:) Probably is too small for playdough, but we've had good luck using one of the small cans as a distraction before. Can make all sorts of shapes, and it is fun to smush.

Along with the snacks (we love Twizzlers-helps with the ear pressure also) and coloring books, my sister brought foamies (peel n stick) for my kids. She brought different shapes etc and put them in a baggie. Then she brought paper to stick them to. We also had an extra baggie for the part you peel off. My kids loved it! How about a small photo album with pictures of the characters or family members to look at? My kids love to look at photo albums.

Our flight is 1 1/2 hours. My kids never sleep!

Have a great trip!

We went to Dominican Republic when my oldest was that age. We brought quiet toys (For a boy, I'd think cars/trucks, a couple of Duplos, little people - things like that) and lots of books (order a bunch of board books with the Amazon 4 for 3 deal). Bring snacks too. And change his diaper right before getting on the plane. Also, if you can, buy a seat for the toddler. This way, he can sit between you and your spouse and there's more room to play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter