• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to avoid

Jedi Training show in DHS by Star Tours. Our 3.5 year old son was so excited to see some Star Wars activities and we thought he would love this. He had a blast playing light-sabers with the other little boys while we waited in the BLAZING HOT SUN for 30 minutes. But when the Jedi master came out to pick 15 little guys/gals to come up on stage for the show my son could not understand why he couldn't go on stage with the other kids. Maybe he was just too young to understand but we saw an awful lot of little kids crying! So sad. One dad said it was his son's third show that day and his son never got picked. He was 8 and the third rejection even got to him. :sad1:

We skipped this for that reason on our trip. When we saw how upset DS(4) got from not getting picked in the audience at Turtle Talk I knew he would be heartbroken if he didn't get chosen at Jedi Training. When we went to ride Star Tours it was right before a show so DH and DS went in to ride the ride with really no wait, DS didn't even know what he was missing.

Luckily that day he was pulled out into the Block Party Bash to dance, he was sooooo excited and still talks about it.

I absolutely HATE It's a small world. That ride drives me NUTS!!!!:headache: I could have also done without the Enchanted Tiki Room. It was silly funny but overall just aweful.

GASP!! It's A Small World is my all time favorite! LOL...yeah, I'm sappy and sentimental. We used to sing the song all the time when I was in elementary school many, many, moons ago! It's a must-do ride for me!

:dance3:"...there's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware, it's a small world after all..." So, now that I have the song stuck in my head, I'm off to finalizing our plans for our upcoming trip!

As an adult I have never been more scared of anything as I am of Space Mountain. I was in the first seat with no lights whipping around. I got off that ride and cried my eyes out for like5 minutes. I thought I was going to literally fall out of the seat. never again

Avoid the bathrooms in toontown; unless you enjoy a blanket of torn up toilet paper and the pungent smell of urine... After two or three trips in I realized that a piss free toilet seat was out of the question. :scared1:

Ick. Maybe the first twenty minutes after rope drop are okay.

Mission Space is a stayaway for me..... I went on it the year it opened and I am aware that they "tamed" it down but i have NO desire to see how much!!
Tea Cups are another one that I just wont do..... even as a kiddo they made me sick as sin!!!
Dinosaur at AK is at the top of my list though! The Bumps and the shifting and rumbling just didnt do anything for me!! I felt like a sack of potatos on that ride!!!!

Avoid the bathrooms in toontown; unless you enjoy a blanket of torn up toilet paper and the pungent smell of urine... After two or three trips in I realized that a piss free toilet seat was out of the question. :scared1:

Ick. Maybe the first twenty minutes after rope drop are okay.

OOH...good to know ;)

thanks for the tips, guys! me and my family will be spending our holidays at Disney world. At least we wont be wasting our times at the places we need to avoid. :)

We did not like Stitch's Great Escape, Nemo Musical in AK, and the American film in Epcot. These are the things we no longer waste our precious Disney minutes on!! However, that's not to say that alot of other people might love these attractions...... To each his own!!;)

I hate it's a Small World, only ride that when we need a cool place to sit. The Ellen thing was so much better when it was new. There was no Ellen & it was more fun. I just hate it now.

I did enjoy the Stitch ride, but have to agree about the harness thingy, that hurt.

With a little one I would have not to try to conquer ALL the parks. Give breaks in between. Ease them into it.

90% of Epocot Center with children age 5-18 IMO. I remember bring bored to death there as a kid, then going with my extended family a few years back it was our least favorite park. Not even planning to take my 5 year old there for her first trip in May.

90% of Epocot Center with children age 5-18 IMO. I remember bring bored to death there as a kid, then going with my extended family a few years back it was our least favorite park. Not even planning to take my 5 year old there for her first trip in May.

Really? You don't think she would like Soarin? Or Spaceship Earth? Or to have breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus? Or Turtle Talk with Crush? Or the Living Seas with Nemo? There is a lot more for young kids at Epcot now than when you were young.

My nephew was 4 the first time we went to Disney World, and Epcot was his favorite park. For many years the Living with the Land boat ride was his favorite ride. In my family if it is not your favorite park it is at least a close second. Now if you want to talk boring, lets talk Disney Studios......

The folks posting about Maelstrom are making me remember my all time favorite overheard comment/quote from several years back: "...we ain't got time for this culture s**t" (said by a woman as she was dragging her kid through the movie section to make a getaway.)

LOL

AVOID - ABC Commissary
and going with other people...lol

Really? You don't think she would like Soarin? Or Spaceship Earth? Or to have breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus? Or Turtle Talk with Crush? Or the Living Seas with Nemo? There is a lot more for young kids at Epcot now than when you were young.

My nephew was 4 the first time we went to Disney World, and Epcot was his favorite park. For many years the Living with the Land boat ride was his favorite ride. In my family if it is not your favorite park it is at least a close second. Now if you want to talk boring, lets talk Disney Studios......

I agree. My son LOVES Epcot. He especially likes all the learning and information.

Epcot has always been my kids favorite park - starting at ages 6 & 8. And at 22 & 24, its still their favorite.

Dumbo - unless you are there at rope drop. It is a slow loading ride so the line grows quickly. It is crazy to wait a hour for a 90 second ride that you can find on any carnival midway! I won't shed a tear when my children out grow it - although maybe with the Fantasyland redesign, it will be more bearable!

It is all SO individual. We automatically skipped anything too tame, like the Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. We have bigger kids so we skipped a lot of the rides like Dumbo, though did do Small World and Peter Pan's Flight and even enjoyed AstroOrbiter. Would have spent more time at Epcot - kids enjoyed all of the computer stuff in Future World and the KimPossible missions in World Showcase.
Personally, I would NOT do again: Dinosaur in AK and Stitch's Escape in MK. The first was totally frightening, and the second was just gross with no redeeming side.
ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter