• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time will Soutrhwest open fares tomorrow?

Ok I called Southwest and am getting a refund back to my card for the 1st OOPS.

If anyone needs to call Southwest, I have 2 phone numbers. I was able to get someone within 15 minutes on hold with this number: 1-800-435-9792 and this is the main number that just continuously beeps busy: 1-800-435-9992

ugh! Going Thanksgiving Day till Wed after TGiving.
There are like no nonstops on TGiving day or return trip at any decent times. Looking for between 10:30 and 12 to depart.... and return 2-3:30ish to depart.
But tgiving day... there's a 9 a.m. (way too early for us) and then not till 2:00(way too late for us.)

SO... flights booked now... one leg with USAir, another with AirTran...
round trip for 4 of us is $1047! :scared1:
Most I ever paid RT was $885. And LAST year with same travel time paid $660... wow, $660 one year, and next $1047 - huge jump!

But do have the flight times I want now for both flights.. just a lot more than I wanted, and prefer SW, but their times were lousy.

I'm not thrilled with the price of our airfare but I have been monitoring the fares as well as the fares to/from other airports around here at home AND in Florida (not necessarily just Orlando). ALL of the airfare was extremely high (around Christmas). The price I got today from Southwest was definately HIGHER than I have ever paid before but is lower than what I've priced it at using other airports, dates, etc.

I'm booked, I'm done. I'm spending Christmas in Florida. Can't be that! :yay:

We got in just before the OOPS, but I can tell you the prices were no better before it than after it... or the flight times :rotfl:

We wanted PVD-MOC 11/10 late afternoon or 11/11 mid-morning and the flight times, well, stink, stank, stunk! We booked 11/10 at 5:45 p.m. for $124. I see it's now $144.

The flight back on Sunday, 11/14, was $238 pp!!!! We needed to fly mid-afternoon again, and it was the only flight in the $200s--could've flown back early in the day (11:00-ish--what a waste of a day) or 5:45-ish (but with school and work the next day, UGH!) for less.

3 people, and with EBCI it was over $1200. Veteran's Day weekend is usually that busy?!?! Yikes!

Wow !!!! What an aggravating day with Southwest. I have been waiting, like so many others for this schedule to come and then with all of the difficulties with their computer system all I was able to get was a 7:30 am flight on 11/27 for $161 a ticket. A huge let down. We will have to be ready by 4a;30am for ME to get to the airport. I feel so aggravated.
Sorry about the vent...... I guess it could be worse.

Wow !!!! What an aggravating day with Southwest. I have been waiting, like so many others for this schedule to come and then with all of the difficulties with their computer system all I was able to get was a 7:30 am flight on 11/27 for $161 a ticket. A huge let down. We will have to be ready by 4a;30am for ME to get to the airport. I feel so aggravated.
Sorry about the vent...... I guess it could be worse.

I'm just curious, where are you flying out of? We live in PA too and are about equal distances from BWI and PHI so this trip we are flying out of BWI. I found the fares to be slightly less than PHI. We ended up with $131/ticket for the flight down on 11/28. I have yet to book the return flight.

So I got my tix - something interesting to note: when I looked at the fares, it said it was $119 plus fees each way. When I bought them though, it said $110 plus fees each way - so they were even less than originally thought.

So for $778, I got three roundtrip tix for thanksgiving weekend to florida - weird because for august it's almost $1000 roundtrip for the three of us.

Also, it was $120 less to fly down on thanksgiving day than the day after - I then booked All star movies for one night $120! so for the same money, I get an extra night at disney and I don't have to cook thanksgiving dinner - yeah!!!! :cool1:

PHL- may I ask why your waiting to book the return flight? Do think that possibly there will be additional flights and a little cheaper?
We live north/east of philly so this airport is def closer that BWI
Good luck with your other flight. This has been brutal.

PHL- may I ask why your waiting to book the return flight? Do think that possibly there will be additional flights and a little cheaper?
We live north/east of philly so this airport is def closer that BWI
Good luck with your other flight. This has been brutal.

Actually I think I may book AirTran for the flight home. They have several flights for our return home date, 12/5, for $92. I just want to check with DH first. He isn't a big fan of AirTran, but may consider them since they would be cheaper even after paying to check our luggage.

We like flying out of PHI but this time BWI just worked out better.

Actually I think I may book AirTran for the flight home. They have several flights for our return home date, 12/5, for $92. I just want to check with DH first. He isn't a big fan of AirTran, but may consider them since they would be cheaper even after paying to check our luggage.

Good luck getting your flight/fares.... have a nice trip:)

Excited to be able get 4 tickets out of BOS for 11/6-11/13 for $827!! Would have preferred PVD but flights were much higher!!

Same here! What a huge disappointment. Prices are crazy.

Wow! We want providence, too - for those same dates, but we might be seeing you in Boston!

Us too...for the same dates 11/6 -11/13 but I don't see any nonstop flights out of Boston. I would MUCH prefer to go nonstop but I thought the flights would have been just a little more reasonable out of PVD. :confused3

I've never flown Southwest and will never book with them again.

This was too crazy, I bought the down PHL to Orlando last month, and then waited for today to get the tickets home. By the time all the OOPs were done and I could get through, the only flights left were early morning or getting home after midnight, or else 272 per ticket plus fees one way :scared1:

I finally booked a US Airways direct leaving 7:30 PM for $596 for the 3 of us. So total round trip SW and US is $ 930. I've never paid that in my life. Plus baggage fees for US Airways.

And I can't even get a pin for my dates.

But we're going to Disney. :banana:

Just checked the Southwest site. My fares went down $6 from this morning. I know its not much, but it total $18 so went ahead and made the corrections.

Wow.....I kind of lucked out to I guess. I logged on right at 11:00 and got "one" oops...and then conected again and got right in. I booked from Columbus, Ohio to Orlando.....November 14-20....and got 5 adults round trip for $857.00 total...which is about $170.00 per person..and the flights are direct. I feel so lucky and I honestly am sorry that so many people are having so much trouble. I hope everyone is able to get their bookings done....peace...to all....Jim

I think Southwest is having a really big problem.

ONE way from MCO to BUR is $300 a ticket. They also only have morning flights, which won't work for us. The last one leaving is 2 pm, and that is WAY to early for us.

HHHm, I wonder why JetBlue's website is jammed right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter