• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time to leave for IoA

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
We're staying near Disney Property and plan to go to IoA.
I would like to be there at opening to hit Olivanders before
the crowd.
Will need to drive there, park, walk to gate.

What time should we plan on leaving our hotel so we are there are "rope Drop"?

Don't forget that onsite guests will be there an hour earlier with their early entry so you want to get thru the turnstyles, and walk briskly to the back of the back to Hogsmeade. I don't know where you are staying but be at the turnstyles at least 15 minutes before park opening. If you go straight to WWOHP, you should have only a 10-15 minute wait at Ollivanders.
So if it were me, I would have my car parked no later than 8 am for a 9 am opening. Some may suggest earlier....

What time should we plan on leaving our hotel so we are there are "rope Drop"?
The problem is the traffic...it's so various day to day that there's no way to tell you definitely how long its going to take. I would suggest leaving around 7am since it's better to be early than late.

So if it were me, I would have my car parked no later than 8 am for a 9 am opening. Some may suggest earlier....

that's my question I guess.
What time should we leave our rental house to get there about 8
so by the time we park and walk to the gate we can be at entrance
10 to 15 minutes before gates open.

in which direction are you staying near disney?

south, north of that park?

for those staying onsite at disney, they usually give themselves a half hour for driving time to reach the UO area.

you still have parking time and the walk from the garage to the park gate to consider.

what are the dates you plan for the darkside?

weekends will have more crowds.

holiday periods will have more crowds.

the parking garage will have more vehicles in a large crowd time period.

if you are going during a busy time, add more travel time to your estimate.

be at the park gate an hour prior to opening if you are going in a busy time period.

there are times that guests are let in prior to the official opening time of 9:00.
sometimes it is 15 minutes, or 10-5 minutes prior.

we'll be there next week. probably wed. (outside chance of bein tues or thrus.)

We went last year while staying at Windsor Hills. It took about 20 minutes to get there in the early am. I think we left the condo about 7:45 and were one of the first ones in the parking lot. It it somewhat of a long walk to the gates (long walkway over street, walk through CityWalk, etc.) but I can't remember exactly how long. We were very close to the front of the line to get in and went straight to FJ. I had watched Olivanders on You-tube and decided it was not a must-do. Our wait for FJ was about 20 minutes. The line at Olivanders was very long when we walked by but I didn't see any place where they posted a time.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter