• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time to arrive for check in?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
First time cruisers going in May!

If our check in time is 10:30, what time should we arrive at the Port?
If we park at the parking lot there, do we walk to the check in spot, or is there a shuttle?
If there is a shuttle, does it pick us up at our car? Then does it pick up others too?
To make this easier, if someone could give me the play by play of what happens from when we arrive at the parking lot, and the time it takes to get to the check in spot, that would be great! :)
Thanks!

If our check in time is 10:30, what time should we arrive at the Port?
If we park at the parking lot there, do we walk to the check in spot, or is there a shuttle?
If there is a shuttle, does it pick us up at our car? Then does it pick up others too?
To make this easier, if someone could give me the play by play of what happens from when we arrive at the parking lot, and the time it takes to get to the check in spot, that would be great! :)
Thanks!
Aim for the 10.30 am.

If our check in time is 10:30, what time should we arrive at the Port? 10.30 am.

Walk.

You will walk.

To make this easier, if someone could give me the play by play of what happens from when we arrive at the parking lot, and the time it takes to get to the check in spot, that would be great!

image.jpg

See photo above everything is close, they open the parking lot and terminal around 10.30 maybe just a bit earlier we gave arrived too early and gone around the block. You will either go into the terminal and drop your bags there, or drop off in the layby just outside or park in the parking lot, all are close all are a walk, the parking lot gas a bridge to the terminal.

So
Arrive.
Drop off bags, tip porter.
Park.
Go in terminal with hand luggage and tickets and ID.
go through x Ray security.
Go up escalators.
Check in at the signed check in positions, Get boarding card number.
Relax and enjoy,
When you are called by boarding card go on the ship.

Last edited:
The parking lot is right at the port and they will not let your board before you arrival time and typically boarding starts about 11. So I agree with the previous poster to arrive around you time, otherwise you sit around the port waiting.

The parking garage opens 10:00-10:15
When you arrive at the port there is a place in front to stop and drop off your luggage with the porters. Be sure to have all your luggage tags on your bags so they are ready to go. The bags will be delivered to your stateroom. Keep in mind the bags may not get there until. 5PM. Also keep a small day bag with you with your passports/birth certificate, sun screen RX.
You will then drive a few yards to the parking garage. In the past we have paid after the cruise but I have read a few recent post that you now pay before you park.
The garage in right next to the garage. There is a bridge on the 3rd floor leading over to the terminal or just cross over on the ground floor.
There are elevators and restrooms in the garage.
When you get in the terminal you will go through a scanner like the airport.
The check in area is on the 3rd floor of the terminal. You will be directed to a line, check in and will be given a boarding #.
Be sure to go online and select your PAT (port arrival Time)
They start boarding the ship 11:15-11:30.
Then it's time to have a great cruise

You guys are awesome!!!!!
Thank you so much for the info!

So even though our official 'check in' time says 10:30, we won't be able to check in until after 11?

Great picture too, thanks!
How do you get preferred parking?

Preferred parking is in the outside lot not covered. It's not really that closer. I like parking in the garage better.

You guys are awesome!!!!!
Thank you so much for the info!

So even though our official 'check in' time says 10:30, we won't be able to check in until after 11?

Your PAT is 10:30-10:45. PAT means Port Arrival Time, not check-in time. The port terminal will not open until 10:30, after entering the building then you go through security, then you'll check-in.

Enjoy your cruise!

The parking garage opens between 10:00-10:30??? They keep changing it. I sugggest arriving about 10:30 because they won't start boarding until 11:15-11:30.
The terminal opens at 10:30 and you will be able to check in once you enter (there may be a line)
Like lanejudy said you have a PAT- Port arrival time not boarding time.
It takes 20-30 minutes to drop off your luggage, park the car, go through security and get checked in.
When you check in you will receive your boarding #. Your boarding # is tied you your PAT. So if you arrive before of after your PAT you will still receive the same
boarding #. Concierge and Platinum Guests receive boarding #1 (and sometimes 2 depending how many Platinum cruisers on board). Then they start caling the other #'s. It goes fast, they call the next # about every 5 minutes.

The terminal is fun :)). While you are waiting the characters will come out for pictures, there is a balconey to go out on and see the ship and there is a pressed penny machine (there are non on the ship).

You can check in at your PAT but not necessarily board. So from what I have experienced a 10:30 PAT typically boards right around 11:00. The port area is fun but I have 3 children 8 and under so more than about 30 minutes and I (and honestly they) start to go crazy and lose patience.

So in the picture above, the covered thing is parking? On the left side, under the red letters saying PARKING? And the lot beyond that too I imagine? I was thinking the Preferred was so much closer, but not if that is a covered parking garage! And is that a ramp to the round part to the terminal?
I was thinking dragging our big suitcases from the far top lot to the terminal was going to be quite a workout!

So in the picture above, the covered thing is parking? On the left side, under the red letters saying PARKING? And the lot beyond that too I imagine? I was thinking the Preferred was so much closer, but not if that is a covered parking garage! And is that a ramp to the round part to the terminal?
I was thinking dragging our big suitcases from the far top lot to the terminal was going to be quite a workout!
The covered structure in the upper center is the parking garage. The terminal is on the left (with walkway between parking garage and terminal). The parking lot between the parking structure and the terminal is Preferred parking. The parking lot to the right of the parking structure is regular open parking.
pc 34 2014 terminal & parking garage 14086a P1020204 Stitch 1500.jpg

There are handicapped spots in the lot and in the parking structure. Just mention it to the porters when you drop your luggage off, and they will direct you to available parking.

(Also, if your vehicle has special equipment such as a ramp, lift, or hand controls, you park for free.)

There are handicapped spots in the lot and in the parking structure. Just mention it to the porters when you drop your luggage off, and they will direct you to available parking.

(Also, if your vehicle has special equipment such as a ramp, lift, or hand controls, you park for free.)
oh cool! yeah, no special equipment. I just have 2 really bad ankles and knees! Thanks! I'll have DH drop me and the kiddo off first and direct him to those spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter