What time should we leave?

lillygator

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at WDW 5/9 - 5/13 and then sailing on the 3 night 5/13. My question is ~ what time should we leave the resort to head over to the port? We will be driving our own car.....

thanks!

It only takes about an hour to get to the Port so I would leave in the neighborhood of 11 am in the morning....check in and then be the first to the all you can eat welcome aboard buffet.....we will be sailing on the Magic onMay 8th....so we will think of ya....Have a good time.....
Tom

Hi Lilly,
We just came back from the 4 day Wonder and drove in ourselves. I was worried about hitting Daytona traffic so we left our hotel early and got to the DCL lot at 9, which of course was before they let you in. So, we went over to McD's for breakfast, came back at 10:15, dropped the bags, parked the car, checked in at the desk, and then waited 45 mins for them to open the doors to board. Although we were extra early (10:30-11:00 should be fine), we noticed the backlog signing in at 1:30 as we were finished with lunch and walking the decks, and we had no wait for anything except the 45 mins in the lobby which went by pretty quick.

Yes it only takes about an hour or maybe a bit more from resort area of WDW. But it all depends on when you want to be on board. They usually start boarding 11:45 - 12:00, then you can head right up to the buffet on deck nine or goto Parrot restraunt for the buffet in there. Or bring the swim trunks in the carry on bag and take a dip right away when no one will be in the pool with ya. Leaving around 10:00am would get you there early enough so that you are not waiting that long in line to get on the ship but early enough that you can get through all the check points for security, baggage, check in etc and have a little relax time before boarding......It makes it a little more enjoyable.:Pinkbounc

I would leave about 12 noon from Disney world, park and board about 1-1:30 no waiting at the terminal or to get your paperwork straight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter