What time should I book return flight?

themrsp

Disney Freak!
First time cruiser in May. Disney CL website says do not book flights before noon. We are purchasing transportation through Disney to cruise. How early can I book my return flight? What time will be bused to airport? How do they determine who goes first?

Was looking at booking a return flight leaving at 12:00PM. Help?

Just got off the Fantasy. We had a car service, and booked two different flights with Southwest (no cancellation fees). Made it to The airport in time for a 10:35am flight and then cancelled the later flight. Not sure how the buses work though; my other cruise we had a rental car.

From port Canaveral, Disney says to book after noon, but then THEY book people on 11:30 flights. If your flight is before 11:25, you can't use onboard check in (if you qualify anyhow.....)

Yes, we've been there early enough to take an earlier flight once, but I wouldn't schedule anything before 11.

From port Canaveral, Disney says to book after noon, but then THEY book people on 11:30 flights. If your flight is before 11:25, you can't use onboard check in (if you qualify anyhow.....)

Yes, we've been there early enough to take an earlier flight once, but I wouldn't schedule anything before 11.

Ok! Thanks. That is what I was wondering. I think I would be safe booking the noon flight. I am booking on my own so I don't think I can check in online.

Ok! Thanks. That is what I was wondering. I think I would be safe booking the noon flight. I am booking on my own so I don't think I can check in online.

Onboard airline check-in depends on the airline you're flying; not how you book it. AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways participate. Unfortunately, Southwest (our usual airline) does not.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...air-ground-transportation-bahamian-caribbean/

All the pp's are correct and this is how it usually goes..............however.........

If the vessel is late.....customs has a problem...........there is a traffic issue..........security is backed up............then you may not make your flight. I know it is rare but it does happen.

We usualy make a 5 to 6 pm flight. We use DCL buses and rent a car at the airport and go to DTD for lunch and a relaxing afternoon, then back to the airport.:thumbsup2

I just don't want to worry about missing a early flight!

Enjoy your cruise!

AKK

Just got off the Fantasy. We had a car service, and booked two different flights with Southwest (no cancellation fees). Made it to The airport in time for a 10:35am flight and then cancelled the later flight. Not sure how the buses work though; my other cruise we had a rental car.

We're doing the same thing in Sring Break with our SWA points, booked a 11:30 and a 4:30.

To answer how they determine who gets on the bus first...whoever gets off the ship first when they make the "free to disembark" announcement, gets their stuff and goes thru Customs will get on the bus first. The bus will depart as soon as it fills up, and then they'll start filling the next one.

If you are really in a hurry, you can keep your luggage in your room on the last night (called self-disembarkation.) Then you will be allowed off the ship while they are still arranging luggage in the terminal. However, NO NEED to rush if you have a noon flight time.

We were on the Fantasy and had a 6:45 breakfast, picked our luggage, customs and bus (DCL transpo) and arrived at the airport at 9:30 am. We had a 12:45 flight. I don't know if this is typical or not as this was our first DCL cruise, but we had plenty of time. Cheers

We were on the Fantasy and had a 6:45 breakfast, picked our luggage, customs and bus (DCL transpo) and arrived at the airport at 9:30 am. We had a 12:45 flight. I don't know if this is typical or not as this was our first DCL cruise, but we had plenty of time. Cheers

Did you carry off your luggage or leave it for Disney to take off? Our flight is at 1225 hr to Canada and I'm a little anxious about timing, even though when my TA called Disney they say I'm okay:confused3

All the pp's are correct and this is how it usually goes..............however.........

If the vessel is late.....customs has a problem...........there is a traffic issue..........security is backed up............then you may not make your flight. I know it is rare but it does happen.

We usualy make a 5 to 6 pm flight. We use DCL buses and rent a car at the airport and go to DTD for lunch and a relaxing afternoon, then back to the airport.:thumbsup2

Enjoy your cruise!

AKK

Thank you for solving our problem! We have a 5:20pm flight after our cruise, but wanted the convenience of the DCL transfer for the baggage handling, but dreaded the 5-6 hours in the airport with a 5 year-old. Not such a magical way to end a vacation…We will take the DCL transfer and rent the car at the airport. We can then go to DTD or a Disney park as our APs expire that day! Thanks again for posting.

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4 ½ ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

Enjoy your cruise!

AKK

Our cruise, the hangup was at the airport. Used Disney transportion, they had us at the airport at 10:15 am, had boarding passes in hand at 10:30, but there was a 90 minute line at the metal detectors at the airport. Our 12:35 pm was already boarding when we got to the gate. So lunch for our plan for a leisurely lunch at the airport. Next time, I'm not booking before 1 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter