What time of year wouldn't you go?

aliceinoz

Earning My Ears
Hi there
This time last year we were in DL and we still can't stop talking about how fantastic our holiday was. It was the trip of a lifetime for us. But I am saving like crazy to try and make it possible again.
I see a lot of posts asking what is the best time of year to go. And I guess, that can really be a personal choice. For me, if the airfare is right (that is my biggest expense), I would go at anytime. Crowds and all. But I was also curious to know if there was anytime of year that you would not go and what would be your reason.
Not that I am financially ready to go now, just wanted an idea in case that great deal comes along.
TIA :)
Oh and just to add, my ideal next trip would be the end of Nov/early Dec 2012

Hi there
This time last year we were in DL and we still can't stop talking about how fantastic our holiday was. It was the trip of a lifetime for us. But I am saving like crazy to try and make it possible again.
I see a lot of posts asking what is the best time of year to go. And I guess, that can really be a personal choice. For me, if the airfare is right (that is my biggest expense), I would go at anytime. Crowds and all. But I was also curious to know if there was anytime of year that you would not go and what would be your reason.
Not that I am financially ready to go now, just wanted an idea in case that great deal comes along.
TIA :)
Oh and just to add, my ideal next trip would be the end of Nov/early Dec 2012

I would absolutely not, never ever ever, (unless maybe it was free) go to DL or WDW during Christmas Week, Easter Week, President's Day Week, or any long holiday weekend.

Crowds = lines = less time to accomplish everything = a waste of plane tickets, park tickets and $$ on a resort IMHO. There is just no point.

I would pretty much go any other season/time of year.

I would absolutely not, never ever ever, (unless maybe it was free) go to DL or WDW during Christmas Week, Easter Week, President's Day Week, or any long holiday weekend.

Crowds = lines = less time to accomplish everything = a waste of plane tickets, park tickets and $$ on a resort IMHO. There is just no point.

I would pretty much go any other season/time of year.

I second that and add 4th of July or any time during the dead of summer. Too hot and crowded and people are CRANKY in the heat!:scared1:

I get super crabby in both heat and crowds, so I would avoid summer with everything in me. I'd also avoid the holiday weeks or weekends if possible. I don't actually mind standing in some lines, but it's the trying to walk and weave through crowds that makes me sort of nutty. I'm only five feet tall, so I feel sort of like I'm being suffocated by tall peoples' armpits. :idea:

Not sure there is a time I wouldn't go given no other choice but my least favorite time is Spring Break. Too darn crowded!

We did spring break 2 yrs in a row....never again!! Way too crowded!! We went end of July last year & it was great....not near as crowded as I thought summer crowds would be. I'd chose it again over spring every time!!

The week between Christmas and New Years...I don't think you could pay me to go during that week, let alone use my own money to go during it.

I have been to Disneyland during all the major holidays (since DH is a prof, we end up going when he has time off since my schedule is more flexible). I have been in the middle of summer, spring break, president's day and labor day this year. Other years I have been there during thanksgiving, christmas, new years. I have also been during low times, mainly with friends. I love it all. Seriously. You just have to adjust expectations and you can have a great time no matter the crowds/weather.

I love the busy times because everything is going full throttle. All the trains on BTMRR are going, they are loading like gangbusters on Space, Indy, all the E tickets. Fastpasses are available for all the majors and the shows are running multiple times a day. :thumbsup2 I actually find it easier to see shows since there are so many opportunities. I don't mind the crowds, since I am usually not doing what they are doing. And the parks are open until very late and I love DL at nighttime.

Of course the slower times are fun too. But there are fewer chances to see shows and the parks close so dang early. But it is really cool to walk on a lot of the attractions with little wait. But I am seriously finding those times to be fewer. Even on days that used to be a ghost town at DL, you will see longer lines than there used to be. Enjoy these times, kids, because they are disappearing! :rotfl2:

Id go anytime, but I try to avoid

1) spring break
2) between Christmas and new years

I put spring break first because if I had to choose between the 2 I'd rather be there during the magic of the holidays.

With a researched awareness and an open and patient mind, anytime except the immediate time before and after a blackout for passholders, and the week of Christmas.

For December, I would say really study the holiday time, and keep to an earlier week. We went in the 2nd week of December 2 years ago, and totally loved it, but man it already felt crowded and anxious too, and that did effect our fun. We were adament we wanted to do it again though.

Last year, due to budget constraints with my planning too late we had to move our trip back into January, but had purchased airfare with southwest, so it was nothing to move it (in fact, I got a credit). MLK weekend, and I was worried. It.was.great! the lines were nothing in comparison to the holiday and summer trips we had done. But, the general sense of a party was missing, as the park felt more laid back. I was afraid that weekend would be madness, what with 3 days and a convention and all. It was a great weekend crowdwise, and as we flew in, a perfect secret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter