• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time of year is best for avoiding heat/humidity?

Holstar

Have faith in your dreams <3
Heya guys!

We're loosely discussing dates this evening, well, discussing when roughly in the year we'd like the wedding to be. For work reasons, there are a lot of months/weeks that are simply blocked off for us. Realistically, the months that are a possibility are...
  • February
  • March
  • May
  • October
  • November
  • December (first week of December)
In terms of heat, humidity, rain, general crowds at WDW, are there any months of the above which are better than others? I apologise for the utterly stupid question, I'm so used to windy/wet UK weather, trying to get my head around Florida is proving difficult!

H.x

If heat/humidity is your main concern, out of those times, February I think would give you the best chance. Possibly also late November/the first week of December, but I was there the first week of December a few years ago wearing tank tops and shorts, it was a heat wave, so you never know. In February, as long as you go early and not during Presidents week, I think you will also also get the lowest crowds out of your listed possibilities.

Average temperatures bottom out at the middle/end of January. Anytime close to that is your best chance. However, it can also get legitimately cold at that time of year.

Thanks guys!

We were leaning towards November or possibly March, but I have a massive weak spot for May weddings... It's when we'd be getting married if we were doing it in the UK. Just had another peek at November, temperature wise it says it's an average of 68°F... which is about ten degrees above the UK summer temperature! February appears to be only marginally colder than that. I think we can manage that :)

My only worry about November/February is that one of the water parks will be closed. Though not vital for the wedding, this will likely be a once in a lifetime trip for our guests... What is March like heat wise? Manageable?

H.x

Just a final note on cold weather :)

Averages are helpful... but in early December 2010, the highs didn't reach 50F, and the mornings were just barely above freezing. I remember 34F one morning. I come from a cold place, so that doesn't bother me either.

... And in early December 2012 it was in the upper 80s, humid and raining. Our wedding day was the first week of February and it was a perfect 72 degrees. We went back for our anniversary the following year and the temperature was down to 29 degrees the night of our anniversary party. Basically, the weather in Florida is super-unpredictable. :goodvibes I still think early February is your best bet for the perfect combo of weather and low crowds and prices, though. March has spring break crowds and prices and May is always hot.

Thanks guys!

We were leaning towards November or possibly March, but I have a massive weak spot for May weddings... It's when we'd be getting married if we were doing it in the UK. Just had another peek at November, temperature wise it says it's an average of 68°F... which is about ten degrees above the UK summer temperature! February appears to be only marginally colder than that. I think we can manage that :)

My only worry about November/February is that one of the water parks will be closed. Though not vital for the wedding, this will likely be a once in a lifetime trip for our guests... What is March like heat wise? Manageable?

H.x

March starts getting hot again (average of mid to upper 80's) but you shouldn't have the humidity like you get in the summer. However, the bigger problem with March is the crowds. March is one of the busiest times of year to go because almost every single school in America has a one or two week long vacation so many MANY families go on vacation during this time. You couldn't pay me to go in March....ok, well you could pay me but it would cost a lot. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys!

H.x
March is a great time to visit. March is hot enough to swim in the afternoons but you don't have that high humidity or high heat the summer months bring. The mornings and evenings are cooler which is nice too. First week of March is less expensive than mid or late March if that is a concern but the weather is more iffy. You can get great weather one day, like you can get rain or colder weather another. The crowds will increase as you continue into March but this can still be manageable with a good touring plan.

Mai is much warmer and you will start feeling some of that humidity but I actually really like WDW when its hot. We usually take afternoon breaks at the pool or book a sit down meal around that time to get out of the heat. The morning and nights are still pleasant and the weather is great overall. Don't forget to take into account Star Wars week-ends which attract crowds especially to HS.

November is a better option price wise and usually Disney will offer better discounts at that time of year. November enjoys mild temperatures and low crowds which is great. If you plan your visit right you can see both Halloween decorations and the Christmas decorations go up. You have to watch out for "Jersey week" and "Thanksgiving" weekend which will bring in high crowds and higher prices but any other time is great. As you get closer to December temperature will start to drop and sometimes it can be downright cold.

If it was me I would choose Mai because like I said, I like the heat but my favourite month remains September or early October because I love all the Halloween Decorations, the low crowds and prices, and the free dining promotion. Novemebr would be a close second.

I think no matter which month you choose you will have an amazing time because, well, you are at WDW for goodness sake! How bad can it be, right?
Hope that helps!
Let us know what you decide,
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thank you guys...

In my head I know that Feb/Nov is the most sensible option. But, (and this will sound silly, I know), my grandads birthday is on the 23rd of May. He raised me after my mother passed away when I was a child, but died when I was 17. I guess, I always had my heart set on that date so that I'd be recognising him, or honouring him in some way.

The average UK summer is between 50 and 59°F, I could definitely handle getting married in that (because, lets face it, thats pretty chilly!), and possibly warmer. I'm just slightly worried about actually melting under a dress and makeup. How did you ladies handle summer weddings? Is it possible? Another thing to consider I guess, is that we'll be disneymooning at WDW for a couple of weeks after the wedding, before going to Hawaii, so I'd like it to be warm enough to sit around the pool :)

I just got married August 13th and while I was hot (really hot) I survived. If the date is important to you go with it. I will say however I am used to much warmer temperatures and have been to Disney in August before (including for my sister's wedding 08/09/2010) and knew basically what to expect. That said there were points where it was almost unbearable and definitely hotter than in years passed. The benefit of May is that it's earlier in the season so the temps are a little lower and as the concrete hasn't absorbed an entire summer worth of sun and is cooler. It also cools off a little more at night. The earliest in the year I've travelled is mid-may and the latest is mid-October so I don't have any experience with the traditionally cooler months.

We got married in December & it was perfect-75 degrees, no humidity, and they told us there was a very minimal risk of rain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter