• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What time of day is hardest?

Boo'sMom

<font color=teal>Talks to the people in LK's head<
This is the tough time of day for me. Seems between 3 and 5 I always want to snack. I try to eat lunch later, but some days that just doesn't work.
Today is a really tough day, everytime I turn around I find I'm looking for something to snack on....I've been good though, have had a ton of water in the last hour, and a few pretzel sticks...still within my daily range.
So how about you? When do you have the hardest time sticking to your new habits?

For me it's the same as my weakness - going out to eat. The worst possible time to blow it.

Me, too! Actually, around 2ish is my worst time. I find myself feeling run down, and I tend to want to fix it by eating. What I do now is have a cup of tea. The caffine perks me up enough to keep me going until dinner, but not so much that I can't get to sleep at night. Works pretty well. I'm just now sitting down for my 2:00 tea, because I went to pick DS up from school at 2:00. Of course he decided to ride the bus home, so after waiting for 1/2 hour, I wisened up and came home, and now I get my tea! Not only that, but happy hour is only 11/2 hour away! Yippee!

Good for you on your resolve today! Sometimes I just cave and say tomorrow is another day!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

For me the absolute worst time of the day is the evening. Especially if I try to eat dinner at a decent time. I always crave something sweet and/or something with chocolate at the end of the day. I bought a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups at Target last week that has them individually wrapped and they were so fresh and delicious! I am finding that if I eat just one, even if it is late at night, I am so satisfied. There was a time when a whole pint of ice cream would not have satisfied me so I consider this progress. I also try to make sure I keep a glass of water by my side at night. That seems to cut down a bit on the craving. Plus I keep telling myself that I don't get up almost an hour early to work out with The Firm to blow it over ice cream or cookies!

I just need to make my new resolve a "habit" and stick to it. No eating whole pints of ice cream at midnight - no eating pints of ice cream at midnight! :p

Since I'm still on induction for Atkins, I don't really have a bad time of day yet. I have to force myself to eat and that is a brand new experience for me.

I'm sure when I begin adding more carbohydrates to my eating plan I will have a bad time in the afternoon. That was my bad time when I ate low fat hi carb diets trying to lose weight before. Usually 3-5

For me the worst time of day is the evening. I too enjoy something sweet before I go to bed.

I have been good all week, staying within my points and doing my "Walk Away the Pounds" tapes. I have been eating about 5 or 6 times a day (about every 2 hours, give or take) and this seems to curb any cravings. (I do save enough POINTS to have a WW dessert before bed:) )

Mid afternoon is worst for me too, especially at work when it is crunch time and I'm starting to worry about what I have to get done today so that my next day/week won't be so bad. I get myself so fired up and stressed that I go get a snack as an excuse to get away from my desk. This week was so crazy and I was out so much that it didn't matter. Next week isn't looking much better!

Mid to late afternoon is usually the time I am most hungry. And sometimes late mornings, depending on what I had for breakfast.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Late morning seems to be the worst for me. Around 11:00 or so, I am STARVING. I have either been having an early lunch (or part of it, like WW veggie soup) or a snack (a few pretzels) to get me through it. I've been good so far, but it's only been a week. I'm sure that it will get better as time goes on!

BTW, not sure where is the proper place to post this, but I had my first WW weigh-in yesterday and I was down 4.0 pounds!! I was sooo excited!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My worst time is in the evening, say about 8 or 9 pm. I know I'm not hungry, but my brain still says o.k. your watching t.v. so you must be munching! It's a habit of long standing, and even after months of Atkins, this habits hard to break. I usually try to grab something legal, but I really wish I could stop altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter