What time is the Sail Away party?

mlt1128

Earning My Ears
We will land in Orlanda at 12:20, and I imagine this will bget us to port at around 1:45 to 2:00. Will we miss anything, or is this plenty of time?

You won't miss anything. The sail away party coincides with departure (5 ish).
Everyone must be on the ship long before then.

Don't dally of course, everyone must be on the ship by approx. 3:45

The sailaway party is at about 4:15 - right after the safety drill. The safety drill is usually between 3:30-4:00 and it is mandatory for everyone to attend.

Due to frequent flier mile flying and other reasons--LIke I didn't have my head screwed on right-I am not getting to Orlando airport until 12:40......I know it will be okay cause it has to be okay..but all the sudden I am freaking out.

There is nothing at this point I can do about it without paying a huge fee to change the flights and there are six of us, so I am living with it.

I have to stop thinking about it.

I know once we get on the Disney bus we are home free..it is just getting to that point.

Not to freak you out more, you may want to call DCL, I am not sure what time the last bus leaves for the port. And if it is a flight change that the airline did, call and let them know that is too late. Our last cruise we were in that boat, and ended up on a 9 and a half hour in the air flight the night before (direct is less than 90 minutes), but got there and the original flight they changed us to would actually have missed the ship so I would see what you can do about changing it.

You must be at your station for the life boat drill by 4pm. All persons in your cabin are required to attend. By 4:15 pm, the drill is over and you are back in your staterooms to put away your life jackets.

Then, head to either deck 9 or 10 for the sail away party. It starts at 4:30 pm; the horn plays that sweet, sweet tune at approximately 4:45 pm - 4:50 pm., and the party is about over. However, if you do not have to rush back to your stateroom, hang out on deck 4 at 5pm when the ship leaves port and watch the CMs waving goodbye. Also, it's fun to wave to the folks along the waterway as the ship is heading out to sea.

This is a quote from the Navigator (we sailed the Magic on 10-4-08):

Under the 3:30 slot on page 2, it says: "All ship services will be suspended during this time for the mandatory board drill scheduled for 4:00 p.m...." The Navigator does list the sail away party as starting at 4:30 pm and ending at 5:00 p.m.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Jan

Just an update. All went well with our flights and we were easily on the ship by 3 p.m. Went to the Beach Blanket Buffet and all went smoothly.

The cruise was wonderful, TOO SHORT!!!

Ricky shell, what is a Beach Blanket buffet?

Beach blanket buffet is the buffet on the Wonder, just like Topsider on the Magic, on the 9th floor by the pool aft. I wanted to go to Parrot Cay but it was closed by the time we got onto the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter