what time is a good flight for the trip back home??

I would definitely think so.
2 weeks ago I had time to have a leisuely breakfast, get off the ship, wait for for the rental car place to pick us up, get the car rental done, drive to AKL for some shopping and then drive to the airport w/ at couple hours to spare. We had a 2:00 flight.

Disney recommends nothing before 12:30, probably because they have found over the years that is the earliest time that they can almost guarantee you will make your flight.

We BARELY made a 12:35 pm flight, security was backed up at Orlando airport. We were at the airport, bags checked, boarding passes in hand by 10:30 am. The line at the metal detectors was unbelievable.

So based on that, I think if I did it again I would push the flight back to 1 pm if I could. But many on these boards have made flights as early as 11 am. I guess it just depends on what you are comfortable with.

8-2 we had a 11:50 am flight out (booked by Disney) and was rushed to the max. Had to be off the boat by 8:15 am, so there was no time for even a quick breakfast. Could have been because my 11 yr nephew was a little draggy but still it was a rush.

For Nov I booked a flight at 2:00 pm so that will give us time for breakfast. In the event My niece and me miss :rolleyes1 the flight guess it would be OK to stay an extra night in FL :rotfl2:

ACTUALLY DCL says nothing before NOON. Call and ask if you do not believe me. I probably ask this question to them once a month, to make sure things have not changed when telling my friends. I worry because we always have
2nd dinner and therefore 2nd breakfast. So, for those whom said, they did not make it to breakfast, I have no clue why. Everyone has to be off the ship by 9AM and they start with breakfast at either 5:30 OR 6 AM. We have always done 12:30 flights and never felt rushed. Sometimes we use airlines that check in at port and last time we did not. Now grant it, we always use DCL transfers, so we do not have to get a rent a car back. The times we checked in at port, we actually had time to shop at the Disney Store in the airport.:thumbsup2 :hippie:

ACTUALLY DCL says nothing before NOON. Call and ask if you do not believe me.:

Well, they HAVE changed the website. They no longer recommend a specific time, but a time frame, 4 hours MINIMUM after the end of your cruise. Guess they got too many complaints from folks like me who barely made a 12:30 pm flight.

FROM THE DISNEY CRUISELINE WEBSITE

We recommend that you allow a minimum of four hours at the beginning and end of your cruise for travel time, customs/immigrations clearances and security checks at Port Canaveral and the airport.

We left at 2pm and it was a very good time. The lines were unreal everywhere in the airport when we arrived still at 10am due to it being cruise arrival day...as they call it. Thankfully we did'nt have many lines when we checked in.

Our last cruise, which was August of 2006, we got to the airport around 9:30, after checking in etc, we were sitting in the lobby at 10:30 waiting for our 1:37pm flight. I would say it'd depends on how busy the airport is. We got off Magic really quickly and Disney buses waiting outside of terminal. They have all major airline counters right next to the buses so you can drop off the luggages with them instead of dragging it to the airport yourself. Disney itself is not a problem imo, I think 11am is doable, but risky.

Well, they HAVE changed the website. They no longer recommend a specific time, but a time frame, 4 hours MINIMUM after the end of your cruise. Guess they got too many complaints from folks like me who barely made a 12:30 pm flight.

FROM THE DISNEY CRUISELINE WEBSITE

We recommend that you allow a minimum of four hours at the beginning and end of your cruise for travel time, customs/immigrations clearances and security checks at Port Canaveral and the airport.

Okay, just called and asked again........... They still told me over the phone live, nothing before noon. I guess this would be 4 hours for first seating...... Do the math..... :hippie:

Disney booked us for a return flight home at 11:45 am. Seems funny they would say give yourself 4 hours? Guess they want us off early? Too bad, as this is our first cruise, and we have a cat. 3, so hear that we could stay on a bit longer of we chose. :confused3

Disney booked us for a return flight home at 11:45 am. Seems funny they would say give yourself 4 hours? Guess they want us off early? Too bad, as this is our first cruise, and we have a cat. 3, so hear that we could stay on a bit longer of we chose. :confused3

Everyone, regardless of stateroom category, is asked to be off the ship by 9AM. They need this time for the preparation of the next cruise..

If Disney booked you at that time, I would not fear, if you miss that flight (which I doubt) they will get you home..:)

Our departure time from Orlando International was at 11:40 am (DCL made the flight arrangements).

I didn't mind as it gave me time to rest when I finally got home.

would a 12 pm flight be ok???

We just got off the magic on 9/15. We had 7am breakfast at Lumieres. While we were eating they announced the ship had cleared and we were free to go when finished eating.

We used Disneys bus to get us back to the airport. We were there by 9am.
Our flight was 2:15pm.

It was nice sitting in the airport for 5 hours listening to kids crying and screaming and the parents just sitting there reading and listening to their Ipods.

Bill

Then again, there's always the option to book a later flight and reserve a day-rate room at the Hyatt MCO (my understanding is DISers have gotten an $80 day-rate in the past) so that you can take your time getting off the ship, head to the airport, hang out without worrying about rushing around, have lunch and all... and catch your flight home still unstressed from your cruise...
:)

We just got back yesterday and had an 11:50 flight. We went to Beach Blanket for breakfast when they opened at 6:30 AM and the first one off the ship by 7:00 AM. We used DCL transportation and were at the airport by 8:30. We had a bite to eat, rode the tram back & forth (kids), and played until boarding at 11:20. I think a 1:00 flight would have been perfect so that we could have slept in a bit and had a sit-down breakfast but the 11:50 was definitely feasible.

last month i could of easily had a 10 o clock flight. i had breakfast got off the ship at 0745 had to wait about 20 minutes for the usair checkin. got on a bus and left right away. got to the airport did some shopping at the disney store,went through security. went to our gate and it was only 0945. i will never make a flight that early thou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter