What time for dinner @ Boma - AK closes @ 5p

ammer0910

Earning My Ears
For our first time at Boma, tryign to make ADR but not sure on ideal time.

Going in late October. AK closes @ 5p, no EMH. Would we have too much time to kill for a 6pm res?

What is transportation like between AK & Boma?

Also for those who have dined @ Boma, woudl young kids like the food? I'm assuming most restaurants have kid-friendly options, I jsut don't want to pay $20 for chicken nuggests, kwim?! :rolleyes1

Can't answer the other questions, but Boma is one of the best places to "kill time before." We went in '04, and were early, so they gave us a pager/beeper and let us explore AKL - you can go out on the patio areas in back overlooking the savannah and watch the animals. It was feeding time, and we witnessed this whole drama between this poor, huge, longhorn bovine who was being chased away from the food by this one aggressive (and smaller) wildebeest. IIRC, there were also CMs around to chat and answer questions about the animals, etc.

Edit: Quick food comment - I don't know how much has changed since '04, but I remember there being a large variety of food, and we all (albeit adults, no kids) found things we enjoyed.

I think the timing is fine. AK closing at 5 pm does not mean you will definitely be out the gate exactly at 5 pm; you may be wandering back through the park, looking at the animals in the Oasis, etc, so you might not get to the bus stop until closer to 5:30. The bus ride is short but if there is a big crowd at close (unlikely) you might have to wait for a 2nd bus.

And as karly05 said, it's awfully easy to 'kill time' at AKL. If you're done at AK at 4:30, no problem - take the bus to AKL right away and wander around the whole place. You can go out into some lookout areas to see various animal savannahs and may well walk into a CM telling wonderful stories. There are also some interesting displays inside. Just head downstairs to Boma a little before 6 pm to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter