• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time does your school start (in the morning)?

What time does your local school begin classes?

• Before 7:20 AM

• 7:20 AM

• 7:30 AM

• 7:45 AM

• 8:00 AM

• 8:15 AM

• 8:30 AM

• 8:45 AM

• 9:00 AM

• after 9:00 AM

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure how to vote. My DD goes to the local public high school. They have an optional hour of class they call zero hour. It normally begins at 7:30, but her jazz choir class actually begins at 7:15. The kids who start with first hour arrive for overtime at 8:25. That is a time slot for asking questions if you are having problems in a class or have been absent and need to know what you missed. First hour actually begins at 8:50.

We're on a weird schedule in our town. They use the same busses for elementary and secondary students. So not all kids in each family go to school for the same hours each day.

County Youth Detention Center, so it's all ages, elementary, middle, and high school (some hs grads too) - kids have class from 8:50-12 and from 1:50-2:30.

I work in an elementary and ours is the earliest in a large district. We start at 8:00. Some of the elementaries start as late as 9:00.

My local district starts at 8:45. Middle school at 7:45 and HS at 7:25

some schools go 8:15 to 2:15 for 1-6 (8:10-2:10 for kindergarden) and gradually changing to 7:45 to 3:15 depending on funding etc. The shorter hour schools for 7&8 go 7:45 - 2:20 though they are all k-8 buildings.

I believe high school is 7:45 - 2:20.

I used to go es 8:30 - 3 and jr high/high school was 7:30 to 2:14

Elementary is 8:05 to 3:05, MS is 7:35-2:30 and I'm not sure about the high school-I think it starts at 7:40

I'm really suprised that some schools start at 7 am:eek:

High School starts at 7:15.
Junior High 8:00
Elementary 9:00

Why they can't swap the High School and Elementary start times to help teenagers get the sleep they need is beyond me.

Ya know how they say that teenagers need to sleep later in the mornings? (well, there was a study that said that). Our HS starts at 8:25, with first period. But, if you want a 7 period day, you need to start with "Zero" period that starts at 7:30. Kids who need to take a rigorous, pre-college load need the 7 periods, or if they're in any of the advanced music classes.

I think that's too early! (it also means that I have to be at work at 7:15!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter