What time does the ship come in??

RBennett

has made it to Florida! Look out Mickey!!
Ok so here's my new question; my DW and I are staying at the Country Inn Suites the night before our cruise. Does anyone know what time the ship comes back in to dock? I thought it would be great if I/we got up to see the ship come in and get some shots. Anyone else done this?

Before dawn typically.
I woke up at 5 AM and watched us moving down the ship channel.

Yes If you are an Early bird then you'll be ok. It was around 5:30am when I was watching the Wonder come into Port.

DW got up around 0500 on our 4-night, and we were already preparing to turn around and dock. Some days, when we get up really early, we check out the web cameras. To see the ships coming into port around 0445-0530. Gives us a little DCL fix for the day.
Sean

We have been there at 5 and been too late, been there at 5 and she was just coming up the channel.

Getting up to watch the ship dock is a neat idea.

What hotels are close enough to the port that you can see the ships and are any of them actually on the beach?

Getting up to watch the ship dock is a neat idea.

What hotels are close enough to the port that you can see the ships and are any of them actually on the beach?

It's been RUMORED that you can see the ships from the Country Inns & Suites because they say they're the closest hotel to the port. And from the looks of the hotels on a map they're right. But they're still 1/2 mile from the port, so get your binoculars! :lmao: As far as any hotels being on the beach, I've heard Ron Jons is right there on the beach and you can leave your vehicle there for the whole week and take a shuttle to the port so you don't have to worry about directions or paying the $12/day. By the way, Country Inns allows you to do the same thing. I've heard that for $125 you get a room for a night, parking all week, and breakfast at the Country Inns. Then the shuttle is only $3 per person and they start at 9:30am. Hope this helps!!

What a great idea! I bet you can see from CI/S - it's very near the Port and you can see across the road.

When we sailed in Dec. 2005, the biggest disappointment was waking up at 6 a.m. on the last day and already being docked. It's like the trip ended without me. Even though we still had breakfast and a few moments to say goodbye to the ship, it was sad.

Of course going over to the port at the beginning and getting that first glimpse of her - WOW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter