What Time Does the Port Open?

NickyKnack

DIS Veteran
We're concierge so we should be able to board the second we get there right?
What time do they start boarding? I don't want to get there too early and have to hang around waiting, but I do want to get on as soon as possible.

We're planning on having breakfast at Cape May before heading over to the Port... can someone help me with my timing so I can set a reservation time?

We're concierge so we should be able to board the second we get there right?
What time do they start boarding? I don't want to get there too early and have to hang around waiting, but I do want to get on as soon as possible.

We're planning on having breakfast at Cape May before heading over to the Port... can someone help me with my timing so I can set a reservation time?

Not quite...

PC opens at 10:30am. And those would be the first available PATs.

Concierge can start boarding with group 1, but boarding is at least 45' after the first available PAT - ie about 11:15 for PC

BTW, a drive from Cape May to PC would be about 18 hours - Cape May, NJ that is :)

We were in the concierge section last August on the Dream out of Port Canaveral, FL and were not allowed to board until about 11:30am. They boarded the back to back at 11:00am, then concierge, then (not sure the time) the remaining staterooms. Hope this helps!!

The Port Parking garage has been opening at 10:30. They have been starting boarding 11:15-11:30.

Just an FYI the official times are Parking 10:30
From the Disney website
Parking
The parking facility is staffed from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for Guests parking their vehicles prior to embarking the ship. The parking lot and garage are paved, gated and under 24-hour surveillance.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...canaveral-florida/departure-port-information/

Boarding starts at 1:00

For our Bahamian and Caribbean cruises, check-in registration begins at 11:00 a.m. and embarkation begins at 1:00 p.m. All Guests must board the ship no later than 4:00 p.m
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...aqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/boarding-times/

I would not recommend getting there before 10:30am. We got to the port around 10:10am on October 26th, my dad dropped my mother and I off and parked the car and then came back to join us. We waited outside in line for 20 minutes - they opened up the terminal at exactly 10:30am.

The line up downstairs (outside the terminal) became quite long and they were actively encouraging people to leave the line and go up to the line on the 3rd floor of the parking garage (we could see that line from where we were standing).

As an FYI, they opened the bottom line first, we were almost to the front of that line when they opened the 3rd floor parking garage line.

I can't find any availability for Cape May Breakfast, even 180 days out =(
Can anyone else recommend a character breakfast outside the parks that isn't Chef Mickey's? (We had a horrible time both times we gave that a go.)

So a breakfast at around 9 should put us inline to be at the port by around 11 right? Which should give us enough time to get checked in and then it should be just about time to board?

We love the breakfast at O'hanas. It's has Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. It's all you care to eat, brought to your table. We have always enjoyed the meal and the kids love the characters.

I can't find any availability for Cape May Breakfast, even 180 days out =(
Can anyone else recommend a character breakfast outside the parks that isn't Chef Mickey's? (We had a horrible time both times we gave that a go.)

So a breakfast at around 9 should put us inline to be at the port by around 11 right? Which should give us enough time to get checked in and then it should be just about time to board?

I've enjoyed 1900 park fare - I think it's Alice & Mad Hatter and Pooh and Tigger (sometimes Mary Poppins). It was a good mix of face and fluffy characters and offered made to order omelettes. Plus, it's at the Grand Floridian so it's a beautiful place to visit and allows for one last Monorail ride before leaving for port.

I forgot all about 1900 Park Faire for breakfast!
I love Marry Poppins, I wish the food got better reviews for breakfast - but this still sounds like the perfect compromise.

I managed to snag one for 9:18 but it really surprises me that this was available and Cape May wasn't.

I've enjoyed 1900 park fare - I think it's Alice & Mad Hatter and Pooh and Tigger (sometimes Mary Poppins). It was a good mix of face and fluffy characters and offered made to order omelettes. Plus, it's at the Grand Floridian so it's a beautiful place to visit and allows for one last Monorail ride before leaving for port.

So the port arrival time is just that - the time should plan to arrive at the port, not necessarily the terminal building? We have a 10:30 - 10:45 PAT so I was thinking we should plan to be there by about 10:15 so we could get in the building at 10:30, but if we get there earlier than 10:30 we'll just be waiting in the car to get through the gate?

So the port arrival time is just that - the time should plan to arrive at the port, not necessarily the terminal building? We have a 10:30 - 10:45 PAT so I was thinking we should plan to be there by about 10:15 so we could get in the building at 10:30, but if we get there earlier than 10:30 we'll just be waiting in the car to get through the gate?

The PAT is the 'port arrival time' - During very busy sailings, they can prevent you from even entering the port until your PAT.

You can get out of your car (and drop off your luggage) but you won't be able to walk through the outside security gate into the building. You'll be lined up on the sidewalk (or on the upper walk way of the 3rd floor of the parking garage).

Your 10:30am PAT is going to give you an early boarding number (we were given a "3") so I'd plan to be at the port at 10:30am, check in and you'll still have an early boarding time with less waiting/standing around.

OP, I would have gone earlier than 9:15. character meals do usually take a bit of time (we always plan on them taking the full 90 minutes), it takes time to get out of the resort and to your car, it takes about an hour to get to the port. Not sure if you're returning a rental or just parking, but those things take time, too. And even though concierge has its own checkin area, there could potentially be a line there. If you're truly wanting to be onboard as early as possibly can happen (and I'm right with you there, totally behind that wish 100%), I would move the breakfast more in the 8:15 area.

But then things always take my particular family much longer than they take other families. Not sure why, they just do.

... So a breakfast at around 9 should put us inline to be at the port by around 11 right? Which should give us enough time to get checked in and then it should be just about time to board?

I'd go for an earlier breakfast, probably 8am. It will be an hour (give or take 15 minutes) from WDW to PC. A character breakfast usually takes at least an hour. If doing a car service you'll need to get back to your resort. If you are driving yourselves, you could drive to breakfast and leave directly from there to save time, but also remember to leave time if you'll be returning a rental. If you want to be ready to board first, you'll need to be at the terminal, through security and checked-in by then. Lines can be long right at 10:30 but do more fairly quickly -- I'd suggest arriving around 10:45, that should give you time to park, go through security and check-in before boarding begins usually around 11:15am. It might be calling things close to arrive at 11am.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok - not sure what is up with the website for reservations, but as per Bumber's suggestion I made it for 8:35 and somehow this time when I went looking I found an opening at Cape May so I ended up with what I really wanted.

Now what is PAT and how do I get mine?

Ok - not sure what is up with the website for reservations, but as per Bumber's suggestion I made it for 8:35 and somehow this time when I went looking I found an opening at Cape May so I ended up with what I really wanted.

Now what is PAT and how do I get mine?

PAT is port arrival time. You select it when you do online check-in, though as concierge I'm not sure if you will do that or not as it is irrelevant -- you can arrive and board at whatever time you wish.

Someone might have been holding the reservation earlier trying to decide what to do...then released it and it took time for it to show up again. Honestly, I'd keep watching to see if an earlier spot opens. We did breakfast at Cape May Cafe a couple of years go and it was the slowest character meal ever -- we waited almost half an hour after we finished eating for the final character to get around to us; I think we were there for at least 90 minutes (plus they seated us late). Most character breakfasts we get through in about 60-70 minutes, but this one was long. Maybe we just had a bad experience.

Enjoy your cruise!

I figure the timing like this:

Breakfast 8:30 - 9:30
Drive to the Port: 9:30 - 11am
In Port and Check in by 11:30

I think that's doable with no kids?

PAT is port arrival time. You select it when you do online check-in, though as concierge I'm not sure if you will do that or not as it is irrelevant -- you can arrive and board at whatever time you wish.

Someone might have been holding the reservation earlier trying to decide what to do...then released it and it took time for it to show up again. Honestly, I'd keep watching to see if an earlier spot opens. We did breakfast at Cape May Cafe a couple of years go and it was the slowest character meal ever -- we waited almost half an hour after we finished eating for the final character to get around to us; I think we were there for at least 90 minutes (plus they seated us late). Most character breakfasts we get through in about 60-70 minutes, but this one was long. Maybe we just had a bad experience.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does anyone know what time the first shuttle leaves from the Orlando airport? My family is staying at the hotel in the airport the night before.

So... if you are concierge and get dropped off at 10:30, but there is a huge line of people outside waiting to get in, do you still have to wait in that line or is there a separate entrance?

You wait in line with everyone else. There will be a separate check in place for concierge once you enter the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter