• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time did you get luggage?

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
I just read that they tell you that your could get your luggage as late as 9pm???? Is this true?? What is your experience with this??

For our 4-night on the Dream last Feb, we got our luggage at around 2:30/3:00. On the Fantasy last month, we didn't get our luggage until about 5:00. We were bummed because it was a nice day and DD wanted to swim, and because we had the early seating for dinner. FWIW, it looked like we were among the very last on the starboard side of our deck to get our bags. We flew in day of and had DCL handle our checked bags both times.

On the March 29 sailing of the Magic we got our bags about 3:30. We upgraded at the port and notified our Stateroom host of the change. Everything was handled well and nothing got lost.

If you are real worried and might need something pack it in your daybag.

Have fun!!!

We were on the Dream 2012 & 2013 and both times all our luggages were there by 4:30...I'm not sure at what time they were delivered. It was sometime between 2:00PM and 4:30 PM. We went back to our stateroom to shower and get ready for dinner and the shows and they were there.

We listened to our veteran cruising friends who told us to either wear or pack the bathingsuits in our day bag and take it on-board with us. Though, this past February it was TOO cold to go in the pool...it was 55 degrees when we left our hotel that morning and around 65 degrees and very windy when we boarded.

Have fun!!!

Out of 4 Disney cruises we have gotten our bags between 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm EXCEPT for our last cruise. We got two bags at 3:00 pm and one bag came sometime between 8:30 pm and 11:30 pm. The next day I was told that bag made a full tour of the ship before finding my room.

We cruised two weeks ago. Our luggage all came between 2 and 330. We had all of it by the time we left the room for the safety drill.

On the Dream, we got one bag pretty early, about 2 I think, but not the other. A short while later I notice a bag that looked familiar a few doors down, and it was mine. I was lucky the people didn't just take it into their room (I would have done that!).

On the Wonder, we got 3 bags at about 2:30, but the others took until almost 5. What was funny was the first 3 were all mine (it was Christmas and one was full of presents) so I would have been set for the cruise but the kids had nothing.

Nancy

Latest I ever got was about 5:30 pm. And some things came crushed within it (it was even a hardshell) :sad1: First time that had happened.

After 13 DCL cruises I never had an issue with my luggage, always arrived pretty early......and then last September on the Fantasy it was almost 5:00 and my mom (who was traveling with me on this cruise) received her luggage at 2:00 or so. I decided to take a walk and look around the hallways to see if it was mistakenly placed at a different cabin. For some reason I went down a level, and started walking the hallway....... there it was in front of a cabin that had a cabin number nowhere close to mine! I found a SR host and explained it was mine and I brought it to my stateroom. Hey, I know it happens and it was the only time in 13 cruises that I ever had an issue.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is this a DCL transfer issue or a customs issue????

I am driving to the port and parking and i think i have a 130 board time will i get my bags before dinner?

Is this a DCL transfer issue or a customs issue????

I am driving to the port and parking and i think i have a 130 board time will i get my bags before dinner?

It's neither issue, it's just luck of the draw on when the bags get loaded onto the ship and then get delivered to your cabin by the stateroom hosts.

Customs is not involved when your bags go onto the ship, they only care what you take off the ship.

On our Fantasy cruise this past November, we got all our luggage at around 2:30. It was there when we went to our room for the first time. I am curious about something. For all the posters who said they got their luggage early, did you tip the porters who took your luggage? We tipped ours $40 for our 4 pieces of luggage. Not sure if this had any bearing on getting our luggage early or not.

On our Fantasy cruise this past November, we got all our luggage at around 2:30. It was there when we went to our room for the first time. I am curious about something. For all the posters who said they got their luggage early, did you tip the porters who took your luggage? We tipped ours $40 for our 4 pieces of luggage. Not sure if this had any bearing on getting our luggage early or not.

Tipping would have no bearing on it since DCL crew are the ones that deliver your bags to your cabin.

We've tipped the porters a couple of dollars each time we've dropped off bags and have had them delivered anywhere from before 1:30 to 4:30. We've sailed out of 5 different ports with DCL and have had the same experiences.

I have been on 7 Disney cruises and have never got the luggage any later than 3:30pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter