• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Time Did you get Dreamed?

moray26

Disneyphile
Just curious, is there any predictable pattern for when people are dreamed? For example, has anybody ever gotten the Dream Fastpasses or lanyards or anything later in the afternoon? If you got dreamed, please list the approx. time, thanks!

4 time at WDW, all during 10am hour.
2 at DL, 10am hour and one at 2:30 (extra hour in park that night).

Just curious, is there any predictable pattern for when people are dreamed? For example, has anybody ever gotten the Dream Fastpasses or lanyards or anything later in the afternoon? If you got dreamed, please list the approx. time, thanks!

No real predictable pattern per law. People claim that more are granted in the earlier hours, but it may just be certain types. Theoretically the dream fast passes are given out earlier rather than later since you need to use them that day. The same also applies for the Castle stay as you need to do the paperwork, move your luggage, star in the parade all before early afternoon. But they should give stuff out all day.

9:20 am at MK, space mountain -
10:00ish am at Epcot, Aquarium -
8:50 am at AK, at rope drop

Hmmmm, it does fit the pattern of all early AM dreams!

We're locals so we visit the parks a lot...never been dreamed ourselves but have seen many, many given out and it's always been in the A.M.

I have never been "dreamed" but have also heard that the majority of the dreams are handed out in the first 2 hours the parks after rope drop. The earlier, I guess, the better.

Dreams are mostly handed out from 9:00AM to 1:00PM. Anything after that is probably going to be a larger dream; i.e. something other than lanyards, hats, and fastpasses.

I would also say the castle stay is usually awarded between 10:00AM and Noon.

Dreams are mostly handed out from 9:00AM to 1:00PM. Anything after that is probably going to be a larger dream; i.e. something other than lanyards, hats, and fastpasses.

I would also say the castle stay is usually awarded between 10:00AM and Noon.

Are these times opinions or do you have irrefutable scientific evidence to back up your claims.

I dunno about scientific evidence, but the people I know who won the castle stay won it around 10.

We got our dream fp at 10:15 in the studios at One Man's Dream.

We missed out on dream fp around 10:30 at Epcot in Innoventions.

We missed out on Ears around 1pm at the studios at Star Tours.

We saw the castle awarded at Soarin around 11am.

I've never seen a Dream Squad member, never seen a dream given out, and never won anything in 8 trips during the YOAMD :confused3

But...I always go into the parks around noon and stay until the nightly shows. So maybe it makes sense that the dreams are given out early, and that's why I've never seen one!

On my honeymoon I have an 8:05 ADR at CRT, and want to find paintbrushes at 10:00, so I think I'll probably miss em all again. :worried: I need to stop overplanning & just go with the flow I think.

We won the lanyard at Star Tours. Not sure of the time, but it was after dinner... so maybe 8ish.

Dream Fastpasses about 10:30 am
Dream Lanyards about 1:30 pm

I have to say, I've seen the Dream Team in all hours of the day, even during Extra Magic Hours at night. But I do see people with more dreams being given out before noon.

I've never seen a Dream Squad member, never seen a dream given out, and never won anything in 8 trips during the YOAMD :confused3

But...I always go into the parks around noon and stay until the nightly shows. So maybe it makes sense that the dreams are given out early, and that's why I've never seen one!

On my honeymoon I have an 8:05 ADR at CRT, and want to find paintbrushes at 10:00, so I think I'll probably miss em all again. :worried: I need to stop overplanning & just go with the flow I think.

Don't feel bad, we always go first thing in the morning and stay in the parks until at least early afternoon and have yet to see the Dream Squad. In fact, on our last trip, we only saw ONE family with FP lanyards, no special ears, etc. so they apparently weren't out much when we were there.

Not possible. All dreams are given out by 5pm per the Sweepstakes Rules.

As I stated, I didn't remember the exact time, and was guess-timating. My family was never in DHS early in the day, so it was definitely later when we won.

From the official rules online:

"potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes...Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours."

It also specifically mentioned the Dream Fast Passes as having sponsors, so it is possible that the lanyards also have sponsors, and could be given out any time during the operating hours.

the castle stay is awarded between 9-10am because of the schedule the winner will go through once they have won. the people have to go back to the hotel and gather their things for the night, then have lunch and some sort of picture/press thing and then they have to go be grandmarshals for the parade. and then they get to go around the park.
last summer, it tended to be that the dream squad would show up at the dumbo ride about 9:15 and award a family that had a little kid the prize. it was the same routine for about 2-3 months before they decided to switch it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter