• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time did you actually board in Pt Canaveral?

What Time did you get on the ship?

• 10:30

• 11:00

• 11:15

• 11:30

• 11:45

• 12:00

• 12:15

• 12:30

• 12:45

• 1:00

• 1:30

• 2:00

Results are only viewable after voting.
We had the earliest PAT thanks to prepaying PIF and silver castaway and staying up til midnight when it opened. Unfortunately we had to pack up our rental house and by the time all the parties got out for our van load, we were easily running about an hour behind. We had boarding # 3 and I think it was in the 20s by the time we actually boarded. Not their fault, ours. Still, its one of the earlier times i've gotten on a cruise ship. My poor parents and BIL and sis, sis was probably working, no one else was paying attention and Dad missed the entry to the right direction of I4 and ended up going all the way to Daytona AND BACK before the got on the ship around 3... yikes.. my family can't ever get anywhere on time... At least this time we got to try the nice Cabanas lunch with the seafood. It set the cruise off to a good tone with new DCL cruiser BIL. He enjoyed the oysters and seemed to enjoy himself from the get-to. (which is what were really hoping for, that he would no longer be a non-cruiser...)

But I digress. PAT was 11:00 and we didn't board and eat til about 12:20-30... :rolleyes1

A bit before 11--but we were Concierge and were probably among the first people on the ship.

Trying to get a feel of the actual times for boarding.

What you really need is a chart showing Port Arrival Time (or Concierge status) plus actual boarding time. Someone arriving after their scheduled port arrival time will board sooner than someone arriving at or before their port arrival time.

Didn't vote in your poll because I have had varying times.

Dream in 2012 we had 11:30-12:00 PAT- I'm thinking we arrived around 11:45 and received boarding #6. It was called before we made it out of line so we were onboard before 12.

Dream 2013 we had an 11 PAT. We arrived just before 11:00 and were given #3 and were onboard by 11:35 (ish).

Magic 2014 we had an 11 PAT and were boarding #3 but boarding did not begin until 11:50. We were onboard before noon. It is my understanding that boarding does not begin as early for Magic/Wonder as it does for Dream/Fantasy.

Both of our cruises on the Dream were before the earlier PATs were implemented.

How could people board at 10:30 in the poll when boarding does not begin until at least 10:45 - 11:00?? (the earliest I have ever seen).

MJ

Non-concierge, platinum (so first group to board after concierge)... boarded around 11:45AM.

What you really need is a chart showing Port Arrival Time (or Concierge status) plus actual boarding time. Someone arriving after their scheduled port arrival time will board sooner than someone arriving at or before their port arrival time.

You are right, a cross tab would be awesome! I don't know how to do that on this site....

I think what I am learning is that the times people actually board the Dream and Fantasy are earlier than my experience with the Magic/Wonder. One poster has already pointed that out. This poll has given me a much better idea of what to expect time wise and I know when to tell our transportation to get us to the port. It is different than my past experience.

As always, DIS boards are awesome. Thank you everyone!!!!!

My question is how soon did you get into the terminal at PC? That is what took so long when we went. As soon as we got checked in they were calling our boarding number. So it took no time to be boarding the ship. :)

Got to PC about 10:10 for our 10:30 PAT and didn't into the terminal till about 11:15.

First cruise we were concierge - we were at the terminal when it opened and were on board I believe around 11am.

Second cruise I was solo and non-concierge. Got a 10:30 PAT, was on the first DCL bus from MCO so we were in the terminal a bit before those not on DCL transportation, and I had boarding group 2. Was on board by 11:15 or 11:30 (looking at my watch wasn't my top priority being on a ship and all :) )

We're using Disney transportation from Bay Lake Towers to PC in Sept. This will be our first Disney cruise, and I don't have any idea of what time they will pick us up or get us to the port. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I guess it will depend on how many resorts the bus has to stop at to pick up people.

In April, we had a PAT of 10:30 am and were on-board by 11:30 - 11:45ish. I know we were eating in Cabanas by noon. We were first time cruisers and had boarding group 3.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're using Disney transportation from Bay Lake Towers to PC in Sept. This will be our first Disney cruise, and I don't have any idea of what time they will pick us up or get us to the port. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I guess it will depend on how many resorts the bus has to stop at to pick up people.

DCL buses from WDW resorts do not start leaving until about 11:00 am or so. Some come as late as 12:30...it all depends on the resort. When you check in at the hotel tell them you are booked for DCL transportation and they will give you a letter of meet time and departure time. Your bags will be picked up from your room around 8:00 am but you do not have to be in your room when they come. Keep your carry ons bags separate from the bags you want DCL to pick up.

The earliest the buses get to the port from the resorts is about 12:00 ish but could be up to 1:30.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter