• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time can we get off the ship in Grand Cayman?

Serena6010

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about booking the 2 hour stingray excursion w/ Captain Marvins...except it starts at 8:30 am. Will we be able to make it?

Thanks!

You will be very close. When we were geting off in grand cayman..we went up right away. There were a lot of people who had booked capt marvins themself, and were worried about being late. You would have to finish breakfast and get up to the tender ticket area (announced in the navigator the night before) asap..as the line does get long with everyone anxious to get off the ship.

The people who hold tickets for the Disney sponsored excursions are let off the ship first. Then, everyone else is allowed off. If you book the excursions yourself, I wouldn't book an early one, just in case the tenders are full of disney excursion guests.

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing myself. I booked the 830 Capt. Marvins for July and was advised by this boards that it may be too rushed. I called Capt Marvins and rthe sales rep said that Disney is usualy on time and that she has never herd of problems. She did say to go with what you are comfortable with and if yu do arrive late they can take you on a later trip if there is availability. I changed my trip to the 1145 trip but am contimplating about changing it back and taking my chances...but this is the one trip my FH has his heart set on...so Im worried about chancing it. I just feel like I am wasting the day with an excursion right in the middle of the day. Im sure whatever decision you make will be fine.

Heather

We did not book Stingray City through DCL because my 5 year old daughter said she did not want to do it. But the morning of Grand Caymen she changed her mind. So we had a leisurely morning on the ship, went ashore about 10:30 (no lines then, no tender tickets or waiting), and got to Capt. Marvin's about 11:00. They had room on an 11:15 boat to SC, and it all worked out great, with no morning rush. We saved quite a bit by booking it directly, too. Although we probably took a chance because they could have already been booked for the day, we had no choice and it worked out great for us. However you do the SC trip, it is well worth the effort.

We were off the ship, first tender, to go to Captain Marvins on our own and were to thier shop by 8:30 no problem. They did wait for some folks from a different cruise ship, just a few minutes and off we went. It was the best day of the cruise! Got our DVD of it yeaterday, absolutely priceless! What a wonderful, no Magical day !:D

We had an 8:30 excursion with captain Dexter and we made it with no problem....we ordered a room service breakfast (they say they won't deliver before 7:30 - but they did) and then went down to the theatre right away and the process was very organized.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter