What time are you off the boat?

Well, everyone must be off by 9Am to allow the clean up and readiness for the next group of cruisers.

We typically are off by 8 or 8:30, depending on the timing of our flights..

Of course, this is all under "normal" circumstances...

HTH :goodvibes

Its a ship first of all:) lol Usually around 8:30-9:30 if my memory serves right. We were never in a rush to get off though.

Matt

LOL! Sorry :) I meant to say "ship". What do yo guys think about an 11:35 a.m. flight. Would be I be cutting it too close? Can you just leave the ship whenever you want?

Our cruise had to help with boat SOS, so we were late pulling into port. They off loaded people with special needs first and then they off loaded earlier flights. Of course this was all done on an honor system. We were last to get off, around 11:30 as we were driving and had teens. Made finding our luggage easy. But this was a very unusual event from what I understand.

The three times we cruised there would have been no problem making an 1130 flight....last year we were at the gates of magic kingdom when it opened after the cruise and this time we were at the airport by 9am.

Holy smokes! That's fast, aprilgail! We are heading to WDW after the cruise. We'd LOVE to be at the first park that early! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Disney recommends no flights before 12:30 pm. I suspect their years of experience show that that is the earliest average time that folks all make their flights. Yes, some folks make earlier flights, but when Disney says nothing before 12:30, there must be a reason.

We barely made our 12:35 flight, even though the Magic started lettling folks off at 8 am. There was a 45 minute wait to get off the ship, so we didn't get to the airport until 10:15 am, PLUS there was a 90 minute wait to clear security at the airport. Our flight was already boarding when we made it to the gate.

Disney wants everyone out of their cabins by 8, and off the ship by 9, but I ran into some folks at the airport on our cruise who were among the last off, and it took until 10:15.

donaldsgal said:
Holy smokes! That's fast, aprilgail! We are heading to WDW after the cruise. We'd LOVE to be at the first park that early! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

We rent a car for the wholoe time, leave it in the lot at the port and then walk off the ship, into the car and go....I don't want to waste time waiting for shuttles, taxis, or renting a car that morning!

We were in Triton's for early breakfast (6:45). We saw the atrium fill up with folks....why would anyone be itching to get off?
We walked across the gangway at 7:40. Went straight to luggage section for our room, 3 of the 4 pcs were sitting side by side, but I had to hunt the 4th. Flagged down a porter, she loaded them on her hand trucks and off we went. GET A PORTER....BEST MONEY YOU'LL SPEND!!! She knew how to manuever the lines. There are 4 agents, but no ropes for lines until the last minute. She took our IDs and customs form in her hand and took us right to an agent. He asked DD11 "who is this lady?" meaning me. He asked me where I was born. He asked DH what his occupation is. He never asked for the birth certificates I was holding. Through with him, we were back into the round portion of the terminal where you go in thru security scanners.
Out the door and to the car (in the first row next to the terminal). I looked at my watch....it had been 10 minutes since we left the ship! I couldn't believe it was THAT fast. I tipped the porter $10 for the 4 bags. More than worth every penny! If only she'd hung around and helped us squeeze all of it back into the trunk and re-hang the DVD player's bag from the front seats, which is a feat unto itself...

Melanie

DCL called me last week and booked me on a 11:45 flight. My previously scheduled flight was cancelled by the airline, and they wanted to talk to me before they rebooked. I questioned the time based on their rules....the rep said, "No problem, we are responsible for getting you there."

DCL ideally wants everyone off the ship by 9 am. However, from the time the ship enters the port, it is under the control of US Customs. No one can get off until the ship is "cleared." This involves every non-US citizen reporting to Customs, the dogs sniffing the luggage, etc. Most of the time, the big doors are open by 8, and everyone is off by 9. However, we were on one cruise where the doors didn't open till well after 9, then it was a mess to get everyone off.

We were once on a 9:30 flight--we were scheduled at 12:30, but got to the airport early and they put us on the earlier flight. So....an 11:30 will probably be fine, but you can't guarantee it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter