• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What things do the kids need to bring on their WDW trip?

lamb616

DIS Veteran
Since we're going in Feb., I'm trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...... have Santa bring them stuff that I'd need to buy them anyways for the trip. :thumbsup2

For example

- coloring/art stuff (Disney themed) for the plane rides. DS loves to write so I'll get him a Disney notebook or journal

- I'm getting DD a Cinderella costume to wear when we do CRT so I'll have Santa give it to her. I also plan to get her a couple custom Disney outfits from Etsy/Ebay so I can give her those at Xmas as well

DD will be 3.5 and DS 7.5....... I'm having a hard time thinking of other stuff, esp. for DS. I guess I could get them Disney PJ's?? They always need PJs.

Money will be tight this year so I want to keep their gifts mainly to stuff I need to buy them anyways (not 100% of course)

What else do kids bring on their trips?

We like to do the same thing at Christmas! I am truly a fan of "killing two birds with one stone". For Christmas this year, each of my girls will be getting a Disney gift card (start to their souvenier money) at least one custom outfit to wear while we are in the parks (i sew them myself), disney pj's, new sunglasses, some disney t-shirts, themed coloring books for the drive, etc. Hope this gives you a few ideas. I'll come back and add anything else I think of that our kiddos take to Disney.

thanks. I'm not thinking EVERYTHING I buy has to be Disney-themed or anything to do with WDW at all. Just trying to think of things we'd be bringing anyways. Oh! maybe a hat each - baseball cap for DS and sun hat for DD.

My family will be for sure buying them disney g.c. (per my instruction). Every year it's a struggle because they want to buy the kids a million toys and I have to talk them out of buying so much junk and convince them to give some gift cards or cash instead (goes into the bank).

Don't know if they would want a disposable camera or reasonably priced digital to take their own pictures . . .

Disney pins for trading (ebay)

autograph books (stocking)

Can't wait to see what others suggest!

Since we are leaving for our trip THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS :) I also can't wait to see what other people post.

I know last time we went, (our trip came after easter) so in our easter basket we put some goodies for the trip (Disney GC, books for the trip down) and my mom gave them each a nice light up toy (not like the simple ones from the dollar store which those are nice also) but a really nice one (like around $10/$15 ) It was very comparable to what the vendors sale in the evenings.

I also vote for the PJ suggestion and the PINS for pin trading

Have Fun!

New shoes would be great too, and they would have time to break them in before the trip. My kids bring their Nintendo DS and DVD players so games and movies would be nice. Maybe a hidden Mickey book for your ds to look at in line to keep him entertained. New beach towels, goggles or swim attire, by Feb they may have outgrown this summers stuff.

We did the same thing 3 years ago. Mickey left a present under the tree with princess shirts, Crocs, a countdown chain (we went in Feb., too), some other little Disney surprises, and a letter inviting them to WDW.

Maybe add a Disney sweatshirt or light jacket? Or Disney gift cards in their stockings. Or you could make little gift certificates if you're doing any "extras" like BBB or character meals (unless you want them to be surprises, of course :thumbsup2)

And I'll add that my DD would consider it TORTURE to get new art supplies and not be able to use them for 6 weeks. :rotfl: Maybe Tink/Mickey could leave that stuff the night before you leave.

Right now Meijer had a lot of licensed tops for around $5 - maybe find them some cute shirts to wear on the trip? They had both long and short sleeved tops.

Um... what about a kid-proof camera for the older child? My parents gave DS a V-Tech cam a couple years ago and it was a life-saver on our trip - kept him busy in the long queues (it was Easter week and all) but it still gave him something to mess with in the parks/in the car/etc.

I think ODD will be getting a rolling suitcase in a fun girly color.

Maybe a backpack to carry DS's stuff on the plane and autograph book & water/snacks in the park? Travel games?

And I'll add that my DD would consider it TORTURE to get new art supplies and not be able to use them for 6 weeks. :rotfl: Maybe Tink/Mickey could leave that stuff the night before you leave.

hmm, good point. maybe if Santa leaves a note saying 'these are for your WDW trip" then I could be like "ok, I'll put these away so I don't forget to pack them!" and put them out of sight so they forget about them. They'll have PLENTY of other stuff to keep them occupied from Xmas to Feb.

I'm partial to books...:rolleyes1

A new beach towel, or a disposable under-water camera (do they still make those? My guys LOVED them). Flip flops for the pool?

You could make them special pillow cases -- over on the creative board, they have a lot of great art concepts. My MIL made my kids their own pillow cases years ago. They weren't Disney themed, but based on their interests, and they still love them today.

Have fun!

When we took dd for her first trip (5 at the time) I took a small flashlight for some of the darker rides. Hers was Tinkerbell, my son has a POTC one now. Of course, it was only shown on the floor of whatever ride we were one, and usually not for long, but it was just enough so that she wasn't afraid. Was great for us.

Since we're going in Feb., I'm trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...... have Santa bring them stuff that I'd need to buy them anyways for the trip. :thumbsup2

For example

- coloring/art stuff (Disney themed) for the plane rides. DS loves to write so I'll get him a Disney notebook or journal

- I'm getting DD a Cinderella costume to wear when we do CRT so I'll have Santa give it to her. I also plan to get her a couple custom Disney outfits from Etsy/Ebay so I can give her those at Xmas as well

DD will be 3.5 and DS 7.5....... I'm having a hard time thinking of other stuff, esp. for DS. I guess I could get them Disney PJ's?? They always need PJs.

Money will be tight this year so I want to keep their gifts mainly to stuff I need to buy them anyways (not 100% of course)

What else do kids bring on their trips?

check out ABC distributing...they have great disney stuff. someone posted about the disney encyclopedia book they have and using it as an autograph book. they also have mickey earrings. good luck!!

We did the same thing last time we went just instead of it being for Christmas it was for Avery's birthday!! She also used her Halloween costume (she was Belle) again too.

She got a new rolling backpack to take on the plane with her. A few new outfits for her and her doll. I also had her autograph book already for her.

Love the new shoes idea (might have to steal it)

Not sure how long your flight is or your travel day will be but I was really surprised at how little my niece and DD used the stuff I got them for the plane. They colored for a little while but that was about it. They were almost 7 and almost 3 at the time of our trip. We were at the airport by 6am and had a pretty long travel day (didn't arrive at MCO until almost 2pm) just throwing that out there because I could have saved some money by not getting them as much for the plane!!

I'm trying to do the same thing with my kids-but our trip isn't till June. One thing I have purchased already that I don't remember reading is a water bottle. I got a Phineas and Ferb one at the disney outlet. I love all the other suggestions!

Mickey Ears, Epcot Passport, Disney Themed Snacks, Hair glitter for girls, light toys for night parade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter