What the parks have been like 6/22-6/23

C&Jx2

It’s me! Soldier’s*Sweeties!
Hi guys! Quick update about experiences at the parks so far...

Crowds are VERY low. Other times we’ve had Express we’ve still had 10-20 min waits, but we’ve walked in everything. LITERALLY walked on. We even caught Hagrid’s with our VQ right after it opened after being down and walked right on!

We haven’t experienced any long lines or waits for food either.We’ve walked up to the counter service (indoor) places, been seated, mobile ordered, and had our food delivered within minutes.

No waits at City Walk restaurants either, but the menus are pretty limited. It’s definitely not the usual menus.

Masks are being enforced and guests are kindly being reminded to wear them properly.

They are sanitizing hands with the terrible, sticky, sanitizer before every ride.

... That’s all that’s different I think!

Hi guys! Quick update about experiences at the parks so far...

Crowds are VERY low. Other times we’ve had Express we’ve still had 10-20 min waits, but we’ve walked in everything. LITERALLY walked on. We even caught Hagrid’s with our VQ right after it opened after being down and walked right on!

We haven’t experienced any long lines or waits for food either.We’ve walked up to the counter service (indoor) places, been seated, mobile ordered, and had our food delivered within minutes.

No waits at City Walk restaurants either, but the menus are pretty limited. It’s definitely not the usual menus.

Masks are being enforced and guests are kindly being reminded to wear them properly.

They are sanitizing hands with the terrible, sticky, sanitizer before every ride.

... That’s all that’s different I think!
Thank you for your report! Sounds like you are having a good time!
Can you tell if Bigfire is open?

Big Fire and Cowfish are still closed!

Kind of off topic...
We had a really great meal at the Outback on Kirkman on Father’s Day. The manager noticed our food was taking a while (we didn’t) and comped is dessert and our app! The food was the best for a chain we’ve probably had too...

So after another SCORCHING day in the parks, I can honestly say that we will not be traveling back to any locals that require masks in this kind of heat. Yes, it was our choice to come. Yes, we’re following the guidelines... But it SUCKS. It isn’t just the breathing the hot air back in, it’s having something on/around your face period IMO.

But with that said, we’ll still venture onward and enjoy our last day tomorrow :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us - we are following along as we wait for our October trip there.

Thanks for your insights. Headed there in September. Hopefully, but these days, who knows?

So after another SCORCHING day in the parks, I can honestly say that we will not be traveling back to any locals that require masks in this kind of heat. Yes, it was our choice to come. Yes, we’re following the guidelines... But it SUCKS. It isn’t just the breathing the hot air back in, it’s having something on/around your face period IMO.

But with that said, we’ll still venture onward and enjoy our last day tomorrow :)

If I may ask, what have you found to be the best type mask to wear? Cloth, paper, Gaiter, or something else?
Thanks for sharing your experiences!!

it's an honor to meet someone else that isn't happy and giddy about masks and willing to say negative things about them.

You'd think you insulted someone's grandma when you say anything negative about masks :)
I mean... We did it because we knew that was the price to pay to vacation there and it was our choice to still go ahead with our trip. But it wasn’t fun lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter