What the deal with 3rd week in October?

Straight off the DIS site for cruise scheduling: NO DRYDOCK FOR MAGIC...

10/16/2010 (WC)
10/23/2010 (EC)
10/30/2010 (WC)

You shouldn't scare people like that!! :rotfl:Some of us might not be able to handle it! lol.

Next Dry Dock for the Magic - October 3 - 15, 2010

This is the week we always cruise (ok, so it's only twice now, but I am hoping this is a new tradition) and the 09 prices are much higher than 08. My guess is the addition of St. Croix, making this somewhat of a "special" itinerary.

Many schools are off in Arizona for fall break this week also.

Straight off the DIS site for cruise scheduling: NO DRYDOCK FOR MAGIC...

10/16/2010 (WC)
10/23/2010 (EC)
10/30/2010 (WC)

You shouldn't scare people like that!! :rotfl:Some of us might not be able to handle it! lol.

Was not trying to scare anyone. I was just trying to convey that some of us like to cruise over the Columbus Day holiday. In 2010 Columbus day is Oct 11, therefore since the Magic will be in drydock from Oct 3 to 15, we will be unable to use the holiday as less days we have to pull our kids out of school. We are instead still going to cruise on the 10/16/10 Western.

Kids from MN are out of school that week and that is why we're going. Yippee!

That is why we decided to go that week too!! Our daughter will likely only miss two days of school because of Columbus Day and MEA (they get Thursday and Friday off for that)! :banana:

We are also out of school that week for fall break in my part of TN so that is why we chose that week.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter