• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What temp is your heat set at?

OMG, you people are freezing me:rotfl::rotfl: My thermostat is set at 73 right now and it is only 68 in here. We woke up to sub zero temps this morning.

Fun: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I found someone who keeps their temps on the higher side like me. Mine is usually set around 73 during the waking hours and I lower it to about 68 at night when we sleep. My DH keeps saying to lower the temp to try and save money and I thought I was good for going from 74 to 73. I just really hate being cold.

I live in Florida and it's set at 78 year round. Sometimes during the summer we'll lower it to 76 at night.

When they enclosed the big shopping mall here in the 1970's, their ad campaign was "feels great at 68"....promoting the fact that their air conditioned the mall to 68 degrees.

Glad I found someone who keeps their temps on the higher side like me. Mine is usually set around 73 during the waking hours and I lower it to about 68 at night when we sleep. My DH keeps saying to lower the temp to try and save money and I thought I was good for going from 74 to 73. I just really hate being cold.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 As I get older the cold seems to bother me more.

69 and I typically wear a sweater or sweatshirt and sometimes a fleece blanket on my bottom half. Dh is usually in sweatpants and a tshirt. I wish I were hot-blooded!

We had ours at 68, but DH and I were both freezing last night so we raised it to 73.

I live in western Pennsylvania. The thermostat is set at 64. I lost my second job and money is tight. Wish it could be higher but it's expensive enough to heat the house to 64, brrrr.

We have a fairly open house and a wood stove, so no thermostat. If it's cold out and we haven't been home....yikes! I'm good at low 60's. It's 63 right now and I'm comfy with a sweatshirt on. Was 56 last week when I had to be gone a lot. Little chilly for me!

Last year we set it at 72 in the winter; sometimes 70.

This year we have less money so I am trying to cut back where ever possible. I have kept inching down the thermostat and I am at about 65-66 when we are home now. Our TV room and the upstairs are warmer so I can go lower at night. I'm going to try 63 tonight.

We don't use our furnace since we have a wood stove. Our family room (where it's located) stays anywhere from 72-85 depending on how much we "crank it up", lol we like it warm and toasty in there! We have a fan in the wall that pushes the warm air to our living room and hallway leading to the bedrooms. Our bedrooms stay around 62-65, perfect sleeping weather. Summer time I set the AC to 77 and ceiling fans going 24/7. Stays cool enough for us. We live in southeast Colorado.

72/73 during the day 76/77 at night. The bedroom half of the house is about 10 degrees colder than the living room side so I pump it up when the kids go to bed so we don't freeze at night!

We've kept it at 67 during the day for the past week because we were in the middle of changing propane companies and were running low. Me and the kids were cold, DH liked it. Now they've just installed the new tanks and the heat was immediately put back up to 70 (66 at night and 72 in the summer). I like to be comfortable in my own home!

I'm in New Hampshire.

Heat is at 72 when I'm home and 65 at night and when I'm not home.

I'm always FREEZING!

If I weren't so cheap, I'd have it set to 78 constantly, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter