• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Surprises have you planned for any of your Disney vacations?

I'm going to surprise our kids at Christmas with our upcoming Spring trip. I'm going to buy them each a piece of luggage and put things in it like new swimsuit, trunks, flip flops, lanyards and other little misc. vacation items. And with those items I'm going to put in a note or invitation from Mickey with the dates and info on our upcoming trip.

We leave in 7 hours and I can hardly stand it! I have lots of surprises for this trip. I ordered a gift basket to be waiting at the resort when we check in. I bought tickets to La Nouba for tomorrow night - my DH doesn't even know about this. I ordered a slipper and mouse ear dessert for one night. On our last trip I left a gift for each child in our owner's locker to "discover" this trip!

I am not sure what came over me this trip. Usually my attitude is the trip is enough of a gift. I think I was overcome with pixie dust!

We are doing an Amazing Race around Epcot. Our family loves that show. It has been REALLY hard to keep it a secret. I saw a trip report with one and someone on the Creative DISign board had all the clue cards, etc., so I was inspired to make my own..

Can you remember where you saw this trip report?, sounds fantastic! I did an amazing race birthday party last year for my son and would love to read about one in Epcot. Thankyou!!

My DD is three, and this will be her first WDW trip. So, apart from everything surprising her...
She LOVES horses. So I have booked the Christmas sleigh ride around FW. I hear they play Christmas music in the sleigh and drive you around to see all the motor home decoraions that are up!

We are also going to see HoopDeeDoo that same night before the sleigh ride.

I plan on taking her to the Chip and Dale camp fire sing along. Also watching some of the outdoor movies the resorts have.

I have tickets for MVMCP. And I am debating the Pirates and Pals cruise.

Two before we go my wife will be finishing up the INSANITY workout program. She already has lost a lot of weight and looks amazing. Her suprise...a Wishes Dessert Buffet to celebrate

As someone who had gone through bariatric surgery almost 4 years ago, I don't know if I were your DW if I was going to be mad at you or not!
:rotfl:
Wishes Dessert Buffet?!?!
:woohoo:
Too much temptation!
:upsidedow

We are just about to surprise our kids with their trip in about a week. 2 years ago we went as a family for the first time for 11 days. Everybody was so sad to leave, that if it wasn't for having to catch a plane we would have stayed a couple of more days. My kids have day dreamed and talked so wishfully about going back ever since. They would always say, wouldn't it be nice if we could ever go back, but for a lot of days, like 15. My DH is in construction, which was hit hard by the recession, and I was laid off this past Feb, and so the kids honestly believe any dreams of Disney are not going to happen for them. Little do they know that we had this trip booked for a year... a 16 day Disney World extravaganza including MNNSHP, and my DH and I have been secretly putting money aside to pay for it. My DH even started a Disney fund jar with them a year ago, and told them it was for someday when we can afford it. We kept going in the jar the put the money with our secret stash, and so to the kids, the Disney fund jar always looks pretty empty... poor things. Anyway, luckily we had the money for the balance saved up before I lost my job, and my DH is going strong again with work, so everything is just fine. So I've been doing everything secretly, I've made the choice of what their costumes will be for MNNSHP (DD- Alice in Wonderland and DS - Mad Hatter) and have ordered them on ebay, have been up at the crack of dawn to secretly do my ADR's for all the hard to get into restaurants, I've even gotten the work they'll miss from their teachers... and told them it was just work I requested to keep their brains sharp. As if a 16 day trip wasn't enough of a surprise, my Sister-in -law, Brother- in -law and niece and nephew will be in Orlando at the same time and are going to meet us in Magic Kingdom on our first day, and then on the second week , their GrandDad is getting on a plane to meet us and spend the last week at Disney with us. So for 2 kids that believe they are not going back to Disney for many years, they sure are getting a big surprise. I'm thinking I'm going to do the reveal in a really quick way. Too much leading up to it will tip my oldest off to the fact that somethings going on. I need to do it quick, like ripping off a band-aid to get the full, totally shocked, dear in the headlights look. They have wanted to go to Rainforest Cafe for years and I just kept putting it off. One of the days there I made ADR's for it. So I'm going to get the camera rolling next weekend and strike up a conversation about going back to school. Then I'll say "oh, I almost forgot to tell you, to make back to school seem not so bad, I made reservations at a restaurant you've been dying to go to, guess which one" then when they get the right restaurant I'll say "well I hope I made reservations at the one you wanted to go to, I can always change it... which one was it that you were hoping for?" And they'll either say it doesn't matter or they'll say the one on Clifton Hill.... and then I'll say very calmly " Oh really, I kinda thought the one at Disney World would be the most fun" And I want to see just how long that sentence takes to sink in..... I'm soooooo freaking excited to tell them I could burst!!!!

My boyfriend at the time told me to pack a bag and we were taking a trip...I had no idea where. We arrived at the Grand Flordian (I had NEVER stayed there before!). It was Mid-December, so it was all decorated for Christmas...just beautiful. Then we had massages and he told me he made dinner plans at Victoria & Alberts (I had heard of this restaurant, as he had been there before with his family). Then he really, really surprised me by PROPOSING!

Funny thing is, that was the trip I enjoyed the most, but never even went to the park...the next morning we had to fly back home....but I had certainly experienced some Disney Magic!

So now, I beat down my kids with the fact that "there's the restaurant daddy proposed to mommy at!" everytime we return to Disney!

Ashley

Just booked the parasailing deal for myself and 3 kids for my 40th birthday trip. Husband said to go ahead and I'm going to surprise the kids the last day. Parasailing and then Chef Mickey's!

My DD is three, and this will be her first WDW trip. So, apart from everything surprising her...
She LOVES horses. So I have booked the Christmas sleigh ride around FW. I hear they play Christmas music in the sleigh and drive you around to see all the motor home decoraions that are up!

We are also going to see HoopDeeDoo that same night before the sleigh ride.

I plan on taking her to the Chip and Dale camp fire sing along. Also watching some of the outdoor movies the resorts have.

I have tickets for MVMCP. And I am debating the Pirates and Pals cruise.

I am doing the same thing except the singalong, only its a surprise for my mother instead of a child but I think both ages will enjoy it:thumbsup2 I have reservations for the first night of our vacation so I think that will be the start of a great week for us.

I generally lurk, but this is a really fun thread!

In 2000 we (as in 18 of us) took my grandparents on their first ever flight to Disney World. I had shirts made up for the entire party that said "Jean and Norman's 50th Anniversary Trip with the date. They loved it!

On our last trip I:

1. special ordered a pirate and princess themed basket for the room with autograpgh bookks, and light up toys, to be used at Spectromagic on our first night's arrival

2. booked BBB for my DD(5) prior to our CRT reservation. (She actually was a little nervous for BBB when I sprung it on her, but it turned out fine in the end.)

3. had the cinderella slipper dessert sent to us at the table at the end of our lunch at CRT.

We are not going back until Aug 2011 and extra savings will determine our extras, but I love the treasure hunt for the invite ideas. I may consider it for a possible treasure cruise or a pirate firework cruise.

Last year I met my college aged daughter at WDW for a few days. I surprised her with a pedicure at the Grand Floridian. It was funny because a girlfriend of hers met us that day to play at DHS. I told her friend about my plan. We started over to GF, which caused my daughter to question why I'd waste time going out of the way , instead of straight to DHS. Long story short , she loved the pampering - and I do mean pampering!

Last November I surprised DD 6yo w/a WDW trip. After school one day I had the car packed and we headed over to my Mom's (we were going w/ her, my sister and a couple of her kids). I had a craft puzzle (12pc) for her to put together. It said "Want to go to Disney?" After she put it together, she just looked at me speechless. When she found her voice and said yes I informed her she needed to get in the car we were going right now. She flipped.

Each night I set out some little Disney themed treasure and when she woke up she had a surprise. She is still convinces Tinkerbell came to visit and left her the gifts. Each morning was a grand hunt to find what was left by TB.

In 2007 we did the Disney Magic. We told her we were going to Florida. She didn't know we weren't just going to the beach until we showed up at the port. Can we say giddy!!!

I have a tentative trip planned for next month and will include MNSSHP, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. I don't know how I will surprise her with this one but I am sure I will do the morning surprises and I like the idea of the formal invitation to the party.

I love planning surprises for my family! For my husband I'm planning on renting the boat of his choice from the Grand Floridian while our daughter is enjoying the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. We're also surprising him with a trip in the Characters in Flight at DTD (if it's not too windy--heard it's shut down a lot). For my daughter I'm on the fence about splurging on MNNSHP tickets. She already has a pirate outfit for her Albatross Cruise so she'd have a costume. I'm just having trouble thinking it would be worth the extra $150+ for all three of us to go. For both I'm going to surprise them with a carriage ride, either at POR or Wilderness. We're all horse lovers so it's right up our alley! My daughter has tons of surprises but she's been slowly finding them all out via "Mickey Mail" she finds in our mailbox everyday ;)

Tomorrow's the day I surprise my kids with our trip. I changed the way I'm going to do it. I was going to do it on Saturday, but DH has to work. My DD is having a birthday pool party on Saturday. Her birthday was in March, but she waited for summer. I have the costumes for MNSSHP wrapped up for each of them with a Disney luggage take with their name and hotel written on it pinned to the costume. I'm going to say that I just had to give her a present for her party, and one for my DS too because it's not really her birthday anymore. I'm going to play it up when their about to open them like "don't get too excited, it's just something small for back to school" just for effect. I don't think I'll sleep tonight I'm soooo darn excited

Ok, so I am the OP for this thread and I have an update!!!

We just got back from our trip on Monday night. I couldn't post this until now because my DH (Wizzzzzard) is a member of DISboards as well. I had be hiding a VERY big surprise from him and our 2 kids. When we had "finalized" our Disney plans, we had Coronado Springs as our resort and we were happy about that, but When I got a better job at the end of April, I decided to change Resorts. When I did that, I also decided that I would keep it a secret from DH and DS and DD. I kept that secret for 4 months (which is apparently a record for me, as my Mom told me)!!! We stayed at the Contemporary Tower on the 9th floor in room 4522. I believe my DH will be doing a trip report and I will as some side comments as well.

Thank you all for the secrets and plans you all did, and I hope more keep coming in so we can plan more stuff in the future.

Karla

I have a few surprises :woohoo::

DD17 fav resort is AKL. Well, we are arriving a day earlier than planned due to better airfare prices and checking into Pop. I am going to instist for DD not to unpack much and enjoy a relaxing day at the resort. I will have an invite out when we go back to the room for the MVMCP for DS and DD. (DD might be too old but I know she will love is secertly.) We will come back to Pop too late from MVMCP to unpack anymore, too.

In the morning, I will take the kids out to get to the bus stop while DH packs up everything for all the bags to go to AKL! We will have breakfast at Chef Mickey's. DS2 will be in amazement!:eek:

I will let everyone know during breakfast that I want to show DH AKL. (DD and I saw it last year on a non-Disney Florida mommy & DD trip) So we take the transportation to AKL. While there, I will have DD show DH and DS the animals while I slip away and check in. OH! the look on her face when I lead them to the room! :scared1:Priceless I'm sure!:cloud9:

Then on DH's birthday I have Wishes Desert Party. Surprise to everyone! :dance3:

I am going to have the Fairy Godmailers hopefully send DS a postcard from Mickey and Buzz about how excited they are to meet him soon. He thinks all the Disney characters live at Disney World. He really thinks Andy's room is located somewhere in Disney!:lmao:

I also have planned to go to the Chip and Dale Campfire and have ice cream and Beaches and Cream!

I can't WAIT!! :yay:

Ok, so I am the OP for this thread and I have an update!!!

We just got back from our trip on Monday night. I couldn't post this until now because my DH (Wizzzzzard) is a member of DISboards as well. I had be hiding a VERY big surprise from him and our 2 kids. When we had "finalized" our Disney plans, we had Coronado Springs as our resort and we were happy about that, but When I got a better job at the end of April, I decided to change Resorts. When I did that, I also decided that I would keep it a secret from DH and DS and DD. I kept that secret for 4 months (which is apparently a record for me, as my Mom told me)!!! We stayed at the Contemporary Tower on the 9th floor in room 4522. I believe my DH will be doing a trip report and I will as some side comments as well.

Thank you all for the secrets and plans you all did, and I hope more keep coming in so we can plan more stuff in the future.

Karla

HA! :lmao: I just read your husband's comment earlier today on the CSR thread about you surpirsing him with a resort change! Good job at keeping that secret for SO long! :worship: Sounds like he really en joyed the surprise and the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter