• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Surprises have you planned for any of your Disney vacations?

DisneyMomFanatic

DIS Veteran
I have been on Disboards for a little while now and have seen some great ideas, reports, experiences, etc. What I would love to see is how some of my fellow DISers have surprised family/friends with either an entire vacation or some part of their vacation. I am not looking for just the big ones (although that would be cool to hear) but even things like a birthday cupcake for a child. What did you do and how did you do it? OH, and the best part, what was the reaction of the person(s) receiving the surprise.

I don't have any surprises planned, but I love to hear about others magic and it will help pass the time until my next vacation to the "World". Let's see what you all have done or are planning to do...:wizard: :rolleyes1

My sister and I met at WDW to run the Expedition Everest Challenge. Before we got there, I did some research on Hidden Mickeys and some of the special touches that Imagineers add to make the theme parks so magical. The look on her face when I dragged her into Sir Mickey's and told her to look up was priceless! We also had fun trying to find Cinderella's horse (she found it).

We are doing an Amazing Race around Epcot. Our family loves that show. It has been REALLY hard to keep it a secret. I saw a trip report with one and someone on the Creative DISign board had all the clue cards, etc., so I was inspired to make my own.

I ordered the Cinderella chocolate slippers at 1900 Park Fare Cinderella Dinner for my DD12's b'day (we will be there a couple weeks after her b'day so I don't think she will be expecting it.) I thought that was something she couldn't get anywhere else. We are going with another family so I ordered them for each kid, although hers will say Happy Birthday.

when we went on our last disney cruise it was my 11th birthday and my parents talked to the dcl and they made me a whole gluten free cake and gave me all this stuff at dinner one night. it was like a mini party!

Personally, I don't like surprises. :rolleyes::donald:

OK Mr. DH, this was completely unneccessary! Some people really like to be surprised. I fully realize you don't which is why the only surprise I now have planned is for our 2 children to receive a princess treasure chest and dessert to celebrate her 8th b-day and for our son to celebrate graduating elementary school (with a pirate treasure chest and dessert) at our 50's Prime Time Diner Ressie. You get no surprises mister!!!:lmao:

Before any flamers come visit me, that really is my husband that posted that.:scared1:

Love ya dear :hug::rolleyes1:rolleyes::flower3:

We surprised my son with Pirate League!!! It was so Awesome. pirate: ARRRRGGGHHH! He WAS pirate for the day, and we all enjoyed watching him get transformed.

I've got all kinds of fun surprises up my sleeve ! :cool1: First off, our DD4 doesn't know we're going to Disney. We're staying at the GF so we can take the monorail since I'm sure most of our time will be at MK. So that's the BIG one right there. If step-mommy can pull this one off, it'll be a miracle !!!

My DD keeps telling me that she wants to be Belle for Halloween. :rolleyes1 Sooooo, I got her a beautiful Belle costume and also a Tiana costume. Our first full day we have CRT ressies....so the night before I'm going to lay out the Tiana dress w/ a glittered invitation from Cinderella to come to the Castle for breakfast. ( what 4 year old wouldn't blow their mind on that one??) :confused3

Then, on Tuesday we have tickets for MNSSHP. We're going to pull the same trick w/ the Belle costume and invite her to the Halloween party. :woohoo: I'm pretty sure at this point confetti is going to explode from her little head. :rotfl2:

I thought about ordering a little Princess cake, but since we're on DxDDP, I think there's enough desserts without that !

Then we've got character breakfasts each morning so she can start each day off right. I want her to have long lasting, beautiful memories!! :love:

Im also thinking about getting Mickey’s Welcome from Disney Floral for the night we arrive :)

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about!!! I love to hear all these stories. For everyone that has upcoming surprises, hope they go as planned.

Any one with more??? Please share, I love to hear other people's magic, keep 'em coming...

This thread is inspiring me to think of something for our Sep trip. Will mull it over and be back!

OK Mr. DH, this was completely unneccessary! Some people really like to be surprised. I fully realize you don't which is why the only surprise I now have planned is for our 2 children to receive a princess treasure chest and dessert to celebrate her 8th b-day and for our son to celebrate graduating elementary school (with a pirate treasure chest and dessert) at our 50's Prime Time Diner Ressie. You get no surprises mister!!!:lmao:

Before any flamers come visit me, that really is my husband that posted that.:scared1:

:lmao:

I'm thinking of ording the princess treasure chest and pirate treasure chest for our kids.

We have a Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise planned that they do not know about.

We are also thinking of purchasing tickets to MNSSHP and surprising them with trick-or-treating in Disney.

This is my first post, ever!! I have been reading for a few weeks now and discovered the "surprises" thread today and signed up. First Disney trip with daughters December 4-11, 2010, staying at AKL. I have been thinking about ways to add a few surprises to make their first trip even better and here is
what I've come up with so far. I would love to have everyones input and ideas.

I have pirates league and pirates wishes cruise scheduled
and I thought a pirate treasure hunt would be a great way to tell them
about the surprise. The evening before as we are having dinner at Epcot
the waiter will deliver a " treasure box" cake with a clue and password inside that they will be having a pirate themed day the next day at MK, and to
find out more they will have to seek out their second clue with the
front desk at AKL. I will have already left a note and treasure map with the
front desk and the girls will have to use their password at the front desk
to receive the note to go to our room and hunt for the bag with the gold coins (choco. coins I will hide). With the coins, will be a note that tells
them about the pirates league but they will have to wait until breakfast
the next morning for the final clue. We will have breakfast at Chef Mickeys
the next morning and I'm going to see if the waitress will bring over their
last clue (telling them about the pirate wishes cruise) and read it aloud
to them. Hope it goes well, I'm going to make the notes and bag with coins at home before we leave so it won't take up time once we get there.

I have several other surprises planned but I've gone on too long already!!

We will be in Disney on 8/22 for 9 nights. My kids really want to go to Discovery Cove. I told them it was too expensive. I am going to surprise them when we get to Disney that I did book Discovery Cove and that they will get to swim with a dolphin!!!:cool1:

Our last trip was full of surprises.

The kids had no idea we were going to Disney. They thought we were going to visit Grandma. Even when they started seeing signs they knew that we must just be "passing by" because Grandma lives south of Disney. They did not realize what was going on until we pulled into the parking lot of Pop Century. :yay:

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon. We booked a room for MIL for 3 nights over the weekend. The kids faces lit up when we were approaching the bus stop for Magic Kingdom on Friday and Grandma was standing there. :goodvibes

On Monday morning we told them we had one last surprise for them. We packed up and drove over to CSR for our last 4 nights. :cloud9: The kids were so thrilled with our new resort that we spent the entire day there and didn't head to a park until around 5.

My dh and I take our grandkids when they turn four years old to DL but it could work just as nicely at WDW. We start the trip off with a "disney bag". This is a bag with lots of disney items like coloring books, markers, --most stuff from the dollar stores. Then we do Mr Pat E CAke birthday party as well as each resturant we let them know we have a birthday. Every night as they are bathing and getting ready for bed I sneak a disney item (book, toy) on their pillow. Then the last day they are allowed to pick their own gift. We make lots of memories together. :)

Anyone have any ideas for surprising my boys 8 & 5 about the trip? We are going end of Aug. I was thinking of a scavenger hunt the night before we leave. Any ideas on how to do the scavenger hunt? I thought I read somewhere before about certain clues I could print. I surprised them last year with a balloon in a box and they loved it.
Thanks!

I'm going in December with my family, and I have planned '12 days of Disney' goody bags...:santa:

On the 12 days leading upto the day we fly, my DBF, my brother and sister will each recieve a small present from their Disney stockings - things like colouring book, autograph book/ pillowcase, glowsticks, Epcot passport...:goodvibes
It's counting as their Xmas presents too; although my DBF and I have planned Discovery Cove as our Xmas presents to each other, which should be nice :lovestruc

xxx

Planning a trip to Disney is fun, surprises make it even more fun. 3 years ago I told my mother we were going "shopping" and to make sure she asked for vacation time. My best friend and I planned a trip to Disney for her. We didn't tell her until we "missed" our exit to head east, and then handed her a mini scrap book telling her all about our real trip, complete with 10 day tickets, a Disney gift card and gift cards for special restaurants we like to eat at enroute and while in Kissimmee. That night when we were at our travel hotel, we decorated the room with a small christmas tree and put out all kinds of Disney items to surprise her.

This year..............its even better! Staying onsite for the first time, split stay at POFQ and Poly, ADR's at lots of places we have never eaten at, tickets to MVMCP, Hoop Dee Du review and LOTS of Disney surprises for Mom and my best friend! I am about to bust just trying to keep the surprise, only 154 days until we leave. They will know we are going that day but think we will stay off site as usual, I will tell them all the details the night before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter